Author Topic: How much FPS would I have to give up for GSX? - Non Support Q  (Read 4373 times)

Manny

How much FPS would I have to give up for GSX? - Non Support Q
« on: September 01, 2012, 11:11:19 pm »
I want to get the GSX. But I am worried I would add FPS hit when I am on approach.  I don't mind giving up FPS when I am taxiing or just sitting at the gate. I like this add on as a Nice to have.

So could some please enlighten me on how much  performance hit I would have to take for this feature... particularly when I am about to land.

Thanks

Manny

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How much FPS would I have to give up for GSX? - Non Support Q
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »
There's no performance hit whatsoever in regular flying.

First, because no GSX objects are drawn until you call GSX AND, because the extremely low impact processing that GSX does in the background, can't impact FSX fps, because it's running entirely externally to it, since the whole GSX code runs in the Couatl.exe interpreter that, being an external .EXE, can't affect FSX fps, since it will be scheduled by Windows to use spare CPU cycles, that on a multi-core CPU are plenty, since FSX can't use more than 20-30% of a multi-core PC.

When parked and calling GSX vehicles, their fps impact might be comparable to a couple of AI airplanes more. Considering that with some additional AI traffic package, you can have more than hundred AI at a large airport, adding a couple more shouldn't be noticeable.

And of course, since GSX is available in Trial version, you can check yourself on your system how it works before purchasing it.

Manny

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:29:27 pm »
Thanks virtuali.

Oh.. I didn't realize that there is a trial version for this.. Ah.. then I am going to try it out.

And what you said that I a have an opportunity to invoke it and the process runs independent of FSX ..that makes sense.

Thanks

Manny

I only wish I had bought during the July 4th sale..cause I still have a couple of  FSDT Airports that I don't have.

Manny

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 01:45:14 am »
OK,, tried this in KLAX.. It very good. love it. But here is the deal..I have this issue..this is more my thing..then the GSX thing.

I usually never shut off my engine and always start with engine already started. LOL :)  The only aircraft I ever learned the start off and shut off procedure was the PMDG 747. But I now ver rarely do this. Is there a way to get around this for slackers like me? Ha Ha!

Here I had to shut off by shutting off the fuel and then when the push back pushed be back and asked me to start my engine.. I had to load the default 172.. do ctrl-E on it and then loaded my LvL-D 767.   But that worked. So , now I thinking of some cler way to avoid shutting off Engines and restart. Most good addon airliners you cannot start with Ctrl-E.  Hmmm... :)

Manny