Author Topic: GSX Standalone Addon Manager issue *SOLVED*  (Read 7256 times)

fpoked

GSX Standalone Addon Manager issue *SOLVED*
« on: July 31, 2012, 11:06:40 pm »
Hi everybody, I need some help about a big issue with GSX.

I have re-installed FSX + Acceleration and all worked well.
Then came some add-ons like REX, GEX, some Aerosoft's sceneries and more.

After that, I installed GSX and it's Standalone Manager, but when I launch FSX and start flying I have this screen that appears : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/screenshot001hg.jpg/

So I did what it told me to do, I have re-downloaded the Standalone Manager from the website, but the problem is still there and I don't know what else I can do to solve this problem.

I never had this issue before and I know this topic has been discussed many times on the forum but I really need your help. Maybe I should re-install FSX and install GSX before every other add-ons.

What do you guys think ?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:02:12 am by fpoked »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Standalone Addon Manager issue
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:14:25 pm »
The most important thing that message said was that a detailed error log has been created in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err file, could you please post the content of that file ?

fpoked

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:26:42 pm »
There it is :

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Tue Jul 31 23:24:55 2012
Executable integrity compromised

couatl v2.0 (build 2315)
panic log started on Tue Jul 31 23:25:29 2012
Executable integrity compromised

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:29:59 pm »
This issue has been discussed several times on the forum. This problem can be caused by these things:

1) A product you installed, which very invasively attach itself to *any* executable in your system. Something like that shouldn't be used at all (it's a full hack into your system), and we know for sure the freeware ATI Tray Tools does this, but even if you don't have installed it (are you really sure ?), it doesn't mean much, the ATI Tray Tools utility is the one we *know* about, but there might be others out there that we don't know, which work with a similar principle. Removing anything from the Tray bar is not a sure fix, it would eliminate only the programs that create an Tray bar icon, but those that don't.

We also got report that a power management related utility for some laptop do this.

A better way to check everything at startup is to use the MSCONFIG utility (just type MSCONFIG in the Search bar and press Enter), so you can select what is being loaded at start. And, of course, reboot to apply the changes.

2) If it's not a product you installed, the only other thing that can do this...it's a real virus.

The only thing sure, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX and can't be fixed by us, because it's caused by something else which is ATTACHING the Couatl.exe (and likely, any other .exe in your system, so it's very dangerous)

fpoked

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:32:58 pm »
I already tried this, and I don't have the ATI tray tools, but I have the Catalyst control center.
I will try to turn it off and see what happens.

fpoked

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 12:00:05 am »
Ok so I turned off the Catalyst control center with msconfig and the screen doesn't appear anymore.

Problem solved. Hope it does help other people with the same issue.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:13:38 am by fpoked »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 07:23:55 am »
Ok so I turned off the Catalyst control center with msconfig and the screen doesn't appear anymore.

Strange, I always have the Catalyst control center running, and never had any problem with it, the problem was the freeware tweaker ATI Tray Tools, which is not part of the official ATI drivers, like the Catalyst control center.

Unless you had the ATI Tray Tools installed, but they don't work if you shut down the Catalyst control center, so it seems it's the Catalyst control center causing the problem, even if it's not.

fpoked

Re: GSX Standalone Addon Manager issue *SOLVED*
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 01:37:09 pm »
Well I'm 100% sure I don't have the ATI Tray tools, so it couldn't be it. 
I shut down the CCC, and make also sure my anti virus was turned off too and installed GSX.

When I launched FSX after that, my anti virus was still turned off when it asked me to execute the Standalone Manager, so maybe it could also come from that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 12:24:17 am »
my anti virus was still turned off when it asked me to execute the Standalone Manager, so maybe it could also come from that.

You mean "turned on" ? If it was on, then maybe the antivirus could do something like that, but the Addon Manager doesn't have anything to do with this, that message came from Couatl.exe so, in that case, it should have been while asking permission to run Couatl.exe

salvocan

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 12:46:14 am »
Hi, I am writing to report the same problem. My S.O. windows 7 64, fsx acceleration with all Pacht. The problem occurs often, but sometimes it works strangely. Thank you for your help. I attach the file

http://s14.postimage.org/zb0ksqtk1/LICJ.jpg

http://s18.postimage.org/yv5i7aa0p/PROBLEM.jpg

IndexError: list index out of range
KeyError: popitem(): dictionary is empty
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:36:59 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 11:33:16 am »
Hi, I am writing to report the same problem.

How you could possibly say you have the "same problem" ? Your problem doesn't have anything to do with the thread subject, which is the "Executable integrity compromised", and it's caused by other programs like the Ati Tray tools or similar utilities.

You shouldn't piggyback an entirely different issue on a thread which was dedicated to something else entirely, because it only makes confusing both for us and for other users to follow the thread.

All your errors seems to indicate the AFCAD for the scenery you use is full of errors, like illegal paths, duplicate nodes, overlapping nodes, orphaned links, it looks like the catalog of AFCAD mistakes...

As explained many other times on the forum, when reporting such problems, ALWAYS include ALL the following informations:

- The scenery used. If it's not default, clearly indicates the scenery and the AFCAD in use

- The airplane used

- The parking position selected

- The GSX operation selected
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:35:55 am by virtuali »

salvocan

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:28 am »
Thanks for the reply. Here are some scenarios because of work! So is the AFCAD files.
thanks again

fpoked

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:19 pm »
my anti virus was still turned off when it asked me to execute the Standalone Manager, so maybe it could also come from that.

You mean "turned on" ? If it was on, then maybe the antivirus could do something like that, but the Addon Manager doesn't have anything to do with this, that message came from Couatl.exe so, in that case, it should have been while asking permission to run Couatl.exe

I mean turned off the last time I re-installed it and after that it worked, so maybe when the anti virus was turned ON it didn't work.