Author Topic: FPS with Zürich scenery  (Read 8203 times)

geezee

FPS with Zürich scenery
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:38:01 am »
Hi,

I just updated my version of Zürich scenery 2.1 with the latest 3.0 version.
Before I had about 15 FPS in the middle of the airport but now I have 8-9 (with the same settings of course)
which makes flights impossible (too much stutter and lag)

How can I improve this situation without having to come back to alder versions ?

Also, I would love to use the scenery WITHOUT the install Manager. This program seems to make problems with other addons.

Thanks

Geezee

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:39:34 am by geezee »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FPS with Zürich scenery
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:05:35 pm »
There aren't many differences regarding scenery complexity between latest Zurich version and previous one that might impact fps so much. Yes, there are a couple of minor buildings added, but nothing that would be able to impact fps more than a decimal point, let alone cut your fps in half.

If you lost fps, it surely due to something else you installed, or a graphic setting you changed and forgotten in the meantime.

The reason why our sceneries need the Addon Manager to run, is clearly explained in the FAQ on this site. So, it's no use asking to have the scenery run without it. It will not happen.

The Addon Manager doesn't have any "problems" we know of with other addons. We know of other addons that have problems with FSX itself and this *affects* the Addon Manager as well, but not only that one.

If you know of a specific case of a problem with another addon caused by the Addon Manager that would normally not appear without it, please be specific: name the involved addon, so we can investigate it and see what's going on.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:38:15 pm by virtuali »

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 08:47:50 pm »
Also, check if something in your computer burned out due to age, overclock, or overheat.

Chris

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 07:27:00 pm »
My frames cpould be better too.
Are there any *.bgl´s to deactivate with unimportant things like baggage container, trees, moving things to increase the framerate?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 08:16:25 pm »
There's no need to remove bgl: the scenery correctly reacts to Scenery Complexity settings, try with different settings, you'll see less stuff appearing, like less ground vehicles and similar.

danydj718

• FSX and FS9 user
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 12:35:32 pm »
Hi guys!

I bought a new computer for finally being able to use FSX :)

Here are my specs: i7 3770k@3.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.9GHz), Coolermaster Watercooling, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX680 2GB. Windows is on the SSD and the Sim is on a WD Caviar black 1TB.

Everythings that was just impossible on my old computer seems to be possible now. I installed several addons (UTX, GEX, Landclasses, CH-Pro, REX, ASX, Traffic 70% and of course LSZH, which is my home airport) and I get most of the time 30fps (locked at 30, because screen is at 60Hz and I have a Vsync rate of 1/2 in nVidia Inspector).

Even with bad weather conditions standing on Rwy 28 with a Wilco Airbus (which uses some fps..) I get 30fps. Only when I turn my head (literally - Track IR) towards the parking decks of LSZH, my fps drops to about 23. What is this? The high-res textures of those huge buildings? Is there any chance to still 'improve' the performance at LSZH?  ;D

I ask because this is really by far the most important airport for me. Maybe you adivce me to OC my CPU, but I'm rather careful with that...

I would like to know which sliders in FSX I can reduce to get a stable 30fps all over the airport.

Best regards!
Proud LSZH, LSGG, KJFK, KFLL and KDFW owner!

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 04:47:45 pm »
Your system sounds very impressive.

I would say that what is causing the drop in frames is the AI traffic, especially since you suggest that it is when you turn your head toward the terminal.

As long as you have traffic present, the frames will most likely drop at least a little. If you would like to increase fps near the terminals, you should decrease traffic percentages.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

danydj718

• FSX and FS9 user
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 09:58:49 pm »
Good evening Wallace

Thanks for your reply. But even without any traffic I get a framerate drop to 24 when turning to Terminal B / hangar.

Regards
Proud LSZH, LSGG, KJFK, KFLL and KDFW owner!