Author Topic: GSX is Awsome, but needs another setup option  (Read 5574 times)

CSVICK

GSX is Awsome, but needs another setup option
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:44:25 pm »
Hi, I have had GSX installed for less than twenty four hours now and kind of upsets me a great deal.  The reason being that I must have easily sunk at least around 100.00 just to activate airports with AES.  GSX may not have cleaning services available as of yet, but the whole Idea of paying once and using it at any airport is awesome.  The vehicles seem to come from far out as to appear to actually come from a facility instead of just appearing behind your plane.  I only have one request though, The ability to disable the requirement to close certain doors or some kind of force Gsx to continue with task anyway.  I have been using the CS 777 and it never fails throughout the operations it keeps telling me to close certain doors, and have also found that the door config seems to be mismatched, and even when all doors are closed it still asks me to close a door.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is Awsome, but needs another setup option
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:17:22 am »
You are not asking a new GSX option and a new option is not required: you are having a problem with a specific airplane, and it's wrong to assume that something specific with an airplane would be an inherent design issue of the program, or should be fixed globally, when there's nothing to fix.

So, please, specify *exactly* which doors of the CS777 are not recognized as being opened or closed, and we'll have a look at its configuration file.

Of course, this assume you haven't made a configuration file yourself so, please, before reporting anything, try to remove any GSX.CFG file you might have made yourself ( located at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\AIRPLANENAME ) and try only with the support offered by default in GSX.

CSVICK

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 01:23:01 am »
Thank you for replying.  I was not at all trying to mock GSX or anything of the such.  So far I think this program is really cool and wish this was around before I wasted so much money on AES.  I was just merely stating what I noticed do to a problem I have had with the CS 777.  I realize that you don't think that some additional option is needed, but I think that once in a while something is due to happen and having the option to make GSX ignore an open or closed door would improve the experience when necessary. I have not tried any other planes yet, but should shortly.  As far as the door problem, Sometimes its door 2, door 3.  In a way it seems what GSX for instance thinks of door 2 I think is one of the cargo doors.  I have also recently think by manually hitting shift +e+2 for the cargo doors manually solved one of these.  Chances are for what ever reason maybe through the updates for the new version of the 777 the config was changed for the plane and the setup that was made is now somehow incorrect because of it.  I am sorry if I somehow made to take offence to what I said.   :-[

boilerbill

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:23 pm »
I included a discussion of the door options in this earlier thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6804.0. (The thread mentions version 0.201, but it's up to version 0.5 now.) Most doors have keyboard shortcuts, although a couple of the left-side boarding doors do not. Hopefully that will help.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 09:24:12 pm »
I was just merely stating what I noticed do to a problem I have had with the CS 777

Exactly, which means it's only the specific CS777 support file that needs to be discussed and (eventually) fixed.

I realize that you don't think that some additional option is needed, but I think that once in a while something is due to happen and having the option to make GSX ignore an open or closed door would improve the experience when necessary.

The option to ignore a door is ALREADY available! Have you read the manual about creating a GSX.CFG file ? But, it's really needed for airplane with fake/static doors, it doesn't make any sense to use it on a supported airplane with animated doors to eventually fix an issue with it.

Sometimes its door 2, door 3.π

Please, be precise. Note exactly which doors it is and, important, exactly how GSX is referring to it.

In a way it seems what GSX for instance thinks of door 2 I think is one of the cargo doors.

It doesn't on a supported airplane like the CS777. It's only what GSX does by default on an unsupported airplane, because that's the default configuration for the default airplanes.

Chances are for what ever reason maybe through the updates for the new version of the 777 the config was changed for the plane and the setup that was made is now somehow incorrect because of it.

it's possible they changed the airplane installation *folder* name ? In that case, GSX won't recognize it at all, but in that case, even the measurements will be off.

Where is your CS 777 main folder is located under the Simobjects\Airplanes folder ? GSX expect it to be under Simobjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-200, if you moved/renamed it or newer versions changed the default path, GSX will not recognize it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:47:45 pm by virtuali »

CSVICK

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »
The 777 is in the right folder by default.  I will have to have another look at the manual.  Overall I realize that as CS keeps on working on the 777 it is likely things will keep changing till the 1.0 version is released.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 08:07:15 pm »
with update 0.5 the aircraft was put into 2 folders in the sim objects/airplanes. One for GE engines and one for PW's. That might have something to do with the door problem.

I was at spot R2 at KSFO  with the CS777 GE model and 2 stairs went to the forward door on the left side and GSX did not recognize when door 2 was open.
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »
I'll repeat my request again:

Where is your CS 777 main folder is located under the Simobjects\Airplanes folder ? If there are now two version, please name both folders IF they are in separate folders.