Author Topic: service vehicles  (Read 4244 times)

skimmer

service vehicles
« on: September 20, 2012, 02:03:29 am »
 Okay, the thing is I have edited the atc_parking_code in my Qw 757 to read DAL. I started my flight at KFLL,terminal D,gate 3. The gates read Delta but the service vehicles did not. The GSX manual,page 19 is the only place I could find that covers this.I just installed the latest dwnld manager. So I'm thinking I missed something on this topic. Any help please.

Maybe in a future update we could have an option to choose the specific airline service at the gate. Thank you :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: service vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:00:04 am »
The GSX manual,page 19 is the only place I could find that covers this.

That page says:

The airport handler is related to the ICAO code of the airport and the atc_parking_codes of the parking spot and it interacts with the ICAO specifications in the sim.cfg file of the vehicle itself.

Nowhere we say the atc_parking_code of the airplane you are flying affects the choice of the handlers. This is controlled only by the ICAO of the airport vs the ICAO rules in the vehicle sim.cfg AND the atc_parking_codes of the parking spot, as defined in the scenery AFCAD.

The atc_parking_code of your airplane affects only the choice of ULD pallets used (not relevant to the 757, which doesn't use ULDs), because ULD should come from your own airline, and this ensures the same logo is found both on departure and arrival.

The reason for having the handler related to the parking spot codes of the scenery and not from your airplane, is to prevent (especially in international flights) your airplane to be serviced by your own airline handlers everywhere in the world. Having an Alitalia 777 serviced by an Alitalia crew at KLAX, for example, wouldn't be very realistic.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:06:49 am by virtuali »

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:34:33 pm »
I think I understand. Should'nt the International Civil Aviation Organization codes already be taken care of by you since this is your airport and I'm at a designated Delta gate? ??? What should I do to always have the service vehicles match the airline?                             

And what about my idea of having us choose the airline service paints. Thank you very much Virtuali :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:52:05 pm »
I think I understand. Should'nt the International Civil Aviation Organization codes already be taken care of by you since this is your airport and I'm at a designated Delta gate? ??? What should I do to always have the service vehicles match the airline?

You should undertand the scoring system...a complete ICAO match, will get a 4 point ( 4 letters = 4 points ) and if the atc_parking_code of the parking in the AFCAD will give an additional .5 boost. If there's a tie, the selection will be random between all handlers that qualify with the same score.

Which means, for example, if at a certain gate at, let's say, JFK, there's Delta and Jetblue both matching JFK, both getting 4 points, and that gate has BOTH Delta and Jetblue atc_parking_codes, getting .5 points each, the selection will be again random between the two operators, with 4.5 points each.

And what about my idea of having us choose the airline service paints.

We thought to use an additional menu with all handlers with the same score, instead of selecting it random but, we were worried that some people might be annoyed by it, because it would be a step more to get serviced.

skimmer

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 02:10:43 am »
I do understand now. I thank you for a detailed and timely answer . I sure would not be annoyed by one more addition to setting up service, especialy since your team have made it so simple to use now. Considering the great details with GSX. I hope you will reconsider adding it. As in my opinion it sure adds reality to look at and take pics of.

Thank you  :)