Author Topic: Gates Operating  (Read 3937 times)

CaptJohnF

Gates Operating
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:40:42 pm »
I already mentioned that I was very happy with this product and with me many more...but I would strongly recommend the makers of GSX to improve the Gate Operation ..
Because only then you will be able to forget about AES....for instance when you stop your B737 at the gate parking position and you activate (contr-J) the Jetway it will disappear partially into the tarmac...
This degrades the whole (outstanding)product. I will wait for sure until you have fixed this...and as soon as you have, I will purchase it instantly..and I guess many with me.Cheers JohnF

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Gates Operating
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:53:18 pm »
Umberto has previously mentioned plans to do custom jetways for FSDT sceneries, but no plans to do the pay per airport route of AES.  I doubt that has or will change.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:53:54 pm »
GSX doesn't touch jetways at all, what you see is exactly like default FSX. We'll surely have a look at jetways in the future, but it won't be really a "fix", but a whole new feature.

Morten

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 03:43:08 pm »
.....We'll surely have a look at jetways in the future, but it won't be really a "fix", but a whole new feature.

Man! how happy I am after accidentally reading this old thread!!  :-*

Any prognose, Virtuali? are we perhaps getting closer to the "future"...?

To be honest with you, I've become pretty tired of Aerosoft and their arrogant and unfair approach to their customers.
I bought all available airports for Europe I could get hands on from you - unfortunately not that many, so I have then been forced to fill up the rest of my collection of high end airports through dealing with Aerosoft. Considering the great amount of money I already spent on those airports, I've have no intension whatsoever to spend as much as a penny more on their unfair and ridiculous "Credit" system in order to get airport objects to animate.
As it is, I'm fully satisfied with GSX! So the only obstacle left for me is the fact that I can't operate any jetway within the Aerosoft AES environment which is really a drag!        

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:45:12 pm by Morten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:43:39 pm »
We are not working on this right now, because there are still other features in GSX we would like to add first.

In any case, it's not that there aren't alternatives to operate jetways.

More enlightened developers, like UK2000, already used the proper FSX method to do moving jetways, which means they will work nicely with GSX without anything else added, and other good developers (like Flightbeam) are following for their upcoming sceneries, without even mentioning the fact we always had custom and proper moving FSX jetways in all our sceneries, since we released Zurich in 2007. And of course, all FSX default airports have moving jetways.

It's fairly obvious that, with GSX out, more and more developers will likely do the right thing and use whatever feature FSX offers by default, it's for their own sake, because a scenery with static jetways will always be perceived as not complete, more so with GSX out, pointing out the issue.

Supporting default FSX jetways doesn't prevent a developer to provide AES support too, because the preparation work involved to do a scenery that uses FSX default jetways it's the same that is needed to support AES (having buildings and jetways separated, basically).

About what we might do with jetways, it's not certain right now. We would rather not pursue the "pay-for-airport" approach, which is required to do individual jetways for 3rd party airports that have static ones: it wouldn't make much sense and it wouldn't be fair to charge people JUST for jetways, to supplant what the original developer should have done in the first place. So, it's very likely that, should we ever replace the FSX jetway animation system entirely, we'll likely do it only for our own airports and maybe (a big "maybe) default ones, but not 3rd parties.