Author Topic: Resetting to default starting eye point in FSX  (Read 5290 times)

epicadventures

Resetting to default starting eye point in FSX
« on: June 28, 2012, 12:49:39 am »
When I start FSX in virtual cockpit mode, this is what it looks like (default starting view):
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5447/startingeyepointinfsxvi.gif

But if I try to reset the view by pressing CTRL + Spacebar, it looks like this:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7261/reseteyepointinfsxvirtu.gif

This happens whether I shift the eye point after starting the game (e.g. by using Shift + Enter), or not. Even if I don't shift the eye point at all (top picture), and press CTRL + Spacebar, the new eye point view looks like the second picture.

The problem: I seem to be unable to go back to the view in the top picture, after CTRL + Spacebar makes it look like the second picture.

What I want: When I press CTRL + Spacebar (i.e., when I reset the view) I want it to look like the top picture (i.e., the default starting view).

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:45:14 am by virtuali »

StevenK

Re: Resetting to default starting eye point in FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:24:13 am »
This would be caused by the "Global Texture Resolution" and also the "Filtering"
Try changing the first to "Medium" or "High" and the second to "Bilinear"
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 01:00:16 pm »
This would be caused by the "Global Texture Resolution" and also the "Filtering"

I think the OP is talking about his view points which have nothing to do with what you mentioned.

Epic,

Look in the view menu in your control setting and find the assignment to snap back to the oringal view point. Better yet, if you have a few extra dollars laying around that you can spend, go by EZdok and it will make setting and editing views much easier. Also if you have a joystick with a 2 hat switches you could assign on for panning and one to move left/right/up/down in the VC. I use a button assigned on my X52 to snap back to the original view point that way if I move around in the VC like you did, I can press that one button and return to the original view.

epicadventures

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 07:24:03 pm »

I think the OP is talking about his view points which have nothing to do with what you mentioned.

Epic,

Look in the view menu in your control setting and find the assignment to snap back to the oringal view point. Better yet, if you have a few extra dollars laying around that you can spend, go by EZdok and it will make setting and editing views much easier. Also if you have a joystick with a 2 hat switches you could assign on for panning and one to move left/right/up/down in the VC. I use a button assigned on my X52 to snap back to the original view point that way if I move around in the VC like you did, I can press that one button and return to the original view.

Thanks for the replies StevenK and cmpbllsjc.

StevenK: cmpbllsjc is right about what I'm looking for.

cmpbllsjc: Thanks for the great tips. I found your suggestions very useful, and I've set up a button on my joystick to snap back to the original view point. This takes me to the second image, and then a couple of downward pans (or a couple of CTRL + Q pushes) and I am able to see the second image. I've not been able to figure out how to assign a button on my joystick that will take me directly back to the first image. I think I may have to go into the camera configuration files and mess with them. I'm a little wary of doing that right now, maybe in a week or so. I'll probably define a new camera that'll show me that view. Also, thanks for the suggestion on EZdok, I'm going to look into it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:28:38 pm by epicadventures »