Author Topic: gsx parking too small,  (Read 13226 times)

meto

gsx parking too small,
« on: June 21, 2012, 05:05:10 pm »
hello,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i tried nearly every parking for the pmdg 747 fsx.........i tried it at cyul
its always saying.....parking to small ....if i wanna get gsz to work...........but it doesnt.

even on the runway it keeps saying........parking too small..........

thank you,

bobbyjoh

Re: gsx parking too small,
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:17:00 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I flew to TNCA yesterday and did my activation of the airport scenery menu.  Did the change were every gate was changed to my max wing distance of 40meter.  Made other changes of no stairs etc.  Clicked apply.  GSX was working but none of the regular menu items like boarding, fueling or pushback were on the menu.  Just change gate abort and some other items.  What went wrong.

Help

Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:52:41 pm »
hello,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i tried nearly every parking for the pmdg 747 fsx.........i tried it at cyul
its always saying.....parking to small ....if i wanna get gsz to work...........but it doesnt.

even on the runway it keeps saying........parking too small..........

Of course, a read at the manual, or a search of the forum, would have resulted in countless discussions asking the same thing, and of course each one of them was already answered quite clearly, and this is obviously not a GSX "problem".

As explained many times, GSX READS YOUR AFCAD. If the radius of the parking specified in the scenery is smaller than the airplane half-wingspan, it will say the parking is too small. GSX can't obviously know if the parking is REALLY too small, or it's a mistake of the scenery designer, or it's your mistake, which are trying to park in the wrong place.

Up to the last version, the only solution was to edit the scenery AFCAD but, with the last update, you can fix all airports that have gates which you believe are too small, but they shouldn't, directly inside GSX without having to edit the AFCAD.

How to do this, is explained in the GSX manual, look the page when the Airport customization is discussed.

Of course, I assume you use the most current GSX version, with all the last updates. If not sure, download it again and install it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:18:21 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:54:38 pm »
Just change gate abort and some other items.  What went wrong.

That menu comes out when you are outside a parking spot. It might also come if two parkings are overlapping too much, which is likely because you set a too large radius.

meto

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 04:16:09 pm »
hi,

from my yesterday post..............parking too small.................

boing.....boing..........crounch......crounch..........in my head........ahahahahaha
problem................forgot to update it..........hummmmmmm....................what a scientist.........

its working fine now..................thank you very much..........
after your multitude repeating.............UPDATE ..............thank you for your patience.....

i know you already talked about it.but.....maybe....some suggestions.........

passengers coming out of the bus or buses.........going to the plane..........or deboarding passengers going to the bus
would be amazing to..............gas truck ....filling gaz on wings........and center...........
and..........a mini advisor telling us .....how many passengers on board.......cargo.....and....luggage weight..........

GSX........AWESOME...........

thank you very much., it worth the price, fantastic job.