Author Topic: Ai Planes Absent At Gates?  (Read 5484 times)

ZATZAi

Ai Planes Absent At Gates?
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:55:51 pm »
Heya, real happy with LAX by and large, looks great and still get decent performance despite all the detail. My question is though, how can I get Ai traffic to populate the gates? I have the setting up to 40% in FSX but I only see planes at the west terminal. Is it because I'm running in DX9 mode? Or do I have to get an addon like UT2 from Flight 1? I'm not real concerned about having real life plane schedules flying in and out so much as having the airport not look like a ghost town. Maybe I would be better off using Ultimate Traffic 2 in any case as I hear it runs smoother than FSX Ai planes, if so is UT2 the best one to use for FSDream Airports I wonder...

Just make it feel like I accidentally flew through the aurora borealis and I should be on the watch out for Langoliers!

johndrago

Re: Ai Planes Absent At Gates?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:16:41 am »
UT2 is excellent, and brings KLAX to life for sure.  I've been running it for a year now, and wouldn't go back to WOAI, or the others.  On my rig, I run UT2 commercial traffic at 100%, and turn off GA, as there are so many GA flights that it impacted my peformance.  Without GA, I get all the commercial, and great performance... even at FSDT highly detailed airports.   Set it the way you fly, or what works for you.

If you go UT2, there is an option in the interface to turn off "moving jetways for AI planes."  Make sure you turn that off, or it will overload the system.  All this does is not move the jetways for the AI planes automatically, but it saves a lot of performance in my opinion.

- John

ZATZAi

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 02:45:38 am »
UT2 is excellent, and brings KLAX to life for sure.  I've been running it for a year now, and wouldn't go back to WOAI, or the others.  On my rig, I run UT2 commercial traffic at 100%, and turn off GA, as there are so many GA flights that it impacted my peformance.  Without GA, I get all the commercial, and great performance... even at FSDT highly detailed airports.   Set it the way you fly, or what works for you.

If you go UT2, there is an option in the interface to turn off "moving jetways for AI planes."  Make sure you turn that off, or it will overload the system.  All this does is not move the jetways for the AI planes automatically, but it saves a lot of performance in my opinion.

- John

Interesting stuff thanks. I'm trying WOAI right now and it is working in at least populating my airports (Didn't have to tweak it or the AFCAD to get it working either), the models are quite nice too. Free is always nice too, UT2 and that other one (I forget it's name) are a bit pricey at almost $60. But that makes sense considering how much they do, getting all the real world flights to match up in the sim. I just want my skies to not feel empty though, using real airline paints is a nice bonus though. So far I am not seeing a lot of GA planes in WOAI, but I may tweak the settings some and we'll see how it works.

Would be nice to find a comprehensive review comparing the different systems with pics and video. So far I have just found various review for each one but they all tend to be pretty glowing so it's hard to discern where the strengths and weaknesses in each are.

Silverbird

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:58 pm »
Hi not sure but I think you need to go higher then 40% ai traffic to like 60% and up I had bought ut 2 awhile ago so I wouldn't have to deal with adding so many packs. if your in the u.s.a the ut2 download version  is currently only $44.95 from flight1 not 60$ usd ;D or £28.63 €33.30
Cesar

New Jersey EWR