Author Topic: GSX requested engine shutdown before taxi to gate!  (Read 3148 times)

crauds

GSX requested engine shutdown before taxi to gate!
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:53:17 pm »
Never happened before.  This is my third flight with 1.5 and up to now all works great.  On arrival to default ENZV with NGX, I exited Rwy 29 at exit D and ground designated gate 16 so I activated GSX for that gate and requested follow-me.  Immediately received green text message to "shutdown engines".  I ignored and waited for follow-me vehicle which correctly led me to gate 16 but the text to "shutdown engines" kept flashing every two seconds or so.  When I got to the gate the marshaller DID NOT motion me as usual.  He just kept his arms down to his sides.  I had to estimate when to stop by using external view.  I then shutdown engines after which the marshaller then gave me the engine shutdown signal!   If no one else has experienced this I will just assume it is some glych with FSX and may never occur again.  I will proceed with next flight and monitor results unless you have any ideas about this, Umberto.  There is nothing in the AFCAD that would indicate that taxiway exit D is a parking spot and it certainly is not gate 16 which I requested from GSX so I cannot figure what triggered the text.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX requested engine shutdown before taxi to gate!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:24:24 pm »
The only thing that could have triggered that, is being in a parking spot. So, either there's something wrong in the AFCAD, or the AFCAD you are checking is not the one currently in use.

It's very strange the marshaller wouldn't move either, surely nothing we did with the update had any relationship with the marshaller in fact, it's the only thing the new Scenery editor doesn't handle...

crauds

Re: GSX requested engine shutdown before taxi to gate!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 10:49:37 pm »
Stranger than that:  if it thought I was in a parking spot then why would it ask me to select a gate and then offer me the "follow-me" vehicle and then have it correctly direct me to gate 16?  Double checked that AFCAD and it is not corrupted.  Have not gone into FSX to that airport to verify the AFCAD being used by GSX but there is only one:  the default for that airport ENZV and since the "follow-me" brought me to the correct gate it must be using it.  Will try another flight this evening. 

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64