Author Topic: FSX Default Tow Vehicles  (Read 2959 times)

phenocom

FSX Default Tow Vehicles
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:41:58 am »
Gentlemen:

I have followed your previous procedure for putting back the default pushback vehicle. However when I change the Gsx ext to bgl in the
file "vehicles_airport" in the Scenery/Global/Scenery folder I still do not see the default pushback vehicles. I was wondering whether or not
the original file has been corrupted. Is there any way I can get a copy of the original FSX file for the pushback vehicles. 

I would appreciate any help you can give me

Thanks
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Default Tow Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:15:41 am »
If you had a file with a .gsx extension, this is the exact copy of the .bgl file which was found on your system when you first installed GSX.

Whether that file is exactly the original file as supplied by Microsoft, GSX can't obviously know, it's possible the file already had a problem before installing GSX, nor GSX can't know if you renamed the .bgl already patched by GSX to .gsx (which shouldn't be done). In general, if the file has an original creation date of 2006, it's very likely is the original FSX file.

In any case, check your Airport Ground Traffic density slider, maybe it's too low for the pushback truck to appear.

You can search for the original file in the FSX installation DVD, it should be inside one of the .CAB file, so you'll need a compression utility that is able to open MS .CAB files, like Winrar, etc.