Author Topic: KMIA  (Read 3118 times)

edurubini

KMIA
« on: May 06, 2012, 09:04:04 pm »
Hi Umberto! First thing, I have already read the reasons why you guys chose Vancouver instead of KMIA. But since I`m from Brazil and one of the most important routes here is SBGR-KMIA, I must ask: is there any chance of you guys doing KMIA as your next project? .Not a request, just a question!

Thank you for the answer!

Eduardo Rubini

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: KMIA
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 11:28:51 pm »
Hi Umberto! First thing, I have already read the reasons why you guys chose Vancouver instead of KMIA. But since I`m from Brazil and one of the most important routes here is SBGR-KMIA, I must ask: is there any chance of you guys doing KMIA as your next project? .Not a request, just a question!

Thank you for the answer!

Eduardo Rubini

I cant answer for Umberto, but I think the reasons he mentioned for not doing KMIA are three fold.

First, he wanted to do an airport that wasn't so close to KFLL. Although, the poll at the time indicated that a lot of people, including myself wanted them to do KMIA, but that was one reason he mentioned.

Second, LatinVFR annouced that they were going to do it. Although, Umberto has said that they will do airports that have already been done by other developers, maybe he wanted to see how that version panned out before trying it as well?

Third, since there are a lot of people drawn the the ORBX PNW stuff, Umberto mentioned that he wanted to try an area that has been very popular in the FSX community as of late.

Having said all that, he could and will probably add more reasons or clarify, but those are the points I remember him mentioning why they didn't do it next.

Personally, I still would buy an FSDT version if they ever decide to do it. I did buy the LatinVFR version and its pretty good but a little heavy on FPS compared to all the FSDT airports I own, which is all of them minus the Hawaii stuff. I was not that excited about Vancouver either, but it is what is. I personally dont use the ORBX stuff that much since I dont really care to fly that part of the world, but I am in the minority as a lot of people LOVE the ORBX PNW and the FSDT version of Vancouver will probably sell very well, so I can understand why they are doing it.

In the mean time, check out the LatinVFR KMIA. It looks pretty good, you may need to scale back your settings to get better FPS there however. Ricardo at LatinVFR said a while back he is working or going to work on a service pack update for KMIA which hopefully will improve the FPS a bit. KMIA is a neat airport and a great place to fly to either Sao Paulo, Rio, or Brasilia. I've flown to both Sao Paulo and Rio from their on American Airlines and its a fun, but long flight. Comming into SBGL in the morning from Miami is pretty neat looking in real life.