Author Topic: Missing Textures  (Read 4613 times)

Royann

Missing Textures
« on: April 26, 2012, 12:04:17 pm »
I have downloaded the trial version on my Win7 Machine Nvida GForce GTX 460 and I seem to have some textures missing, the coach turns up almost transparent just driver showing and no body work, no wingwalker appears on pushback to insert or remove the pin.

Landing the follow-me truck is part transparent only wig-wag's and driver showing, no marshallers at parking bay air stairs only part showing logo & stairs & driver,catering trucks all ok, fuel all ok boarding same as above can see part of body & doors closing no wingwalker appears. All call outs working ok.
I do not have any extra scenery for EDDM and I'm flying the default Boeing 737-800.

Has any body any idea what might be wrong,I have loaded my other machine XP Radeon 1800GTX everything works ok.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Textures
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 12:08:45 pm »
This has been discussed many times on the forum, semi-transparent objects are always a problem of an FSX setting or a video card setting. Try the following:

- Remove your FSX.CFG file at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX and let FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Go into your video card control panel, and reset settings to default.

- Be sure you don't use the "Transparency Antialiasing" option in the video card control panel.

Royann

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:17:52 pm »
Hi

Are the % marks just telling me where to find my FSX.cfg file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:35:16 pm »
Just type that in the blank area on the window Start button, and the correct folder will open. You might want to *move* the FSX.CFG in a different place (your Desktop, for example) so you can restore it in case you need your previous settings, instead of removing it.

Royann

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:23:03 am »
Thank you I have tried out your suggestions but it did not solve the problem, however as an experiment I turned on DirectX 10 would you belive it everthing works ok I'm not sure whether it will have any inpact on any other software on my machine,have you any comments as to what I have done?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 03:58:10 pm »
If turning DX10 on solved the problem, it can only be explained with a video driver bug that manifests only in DX9 mode.

GSX shouldn't have any issues running in DX10 mode, but some of our sceneries will have problems (at night, mostly), the only ones that will surely work in DX10 are KDFW and KLAX, and likely KORD and KJFK too.

Royann

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 06:42:34 pm »
Thank you

I shall call in my guru and get him to check out the latest drivers.

Regards Roy