Author Topic: SOLUTION for those with missing stairs and baggage loader after update  (Read 3430 times)

stephanadler

Hey all, I saw that a few people had problems after the update issue last week. Some, said they lost the baggage loaders and air stairs. I had this happen too and was only on some planes and drove me nuts. I think what happened was when the failed live update went out it may have messed something up for some people and wasnt remedied for some reason with the next patch, probably a corrupt file or something.
Anyway, what you need to do is format your computer... JUST KIDDING.

1.Go to to your uninstall program menu in the control panel

2.Uninstall GSX, say yes to all the options about couatl etc etc, say yes to restore the vehicles.bgl file, you may get an error here like I did saying it doesnt exist, just hit ok

3.Uninstall the add on manager, again say yes to everything

4.Go to C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming and delete the folder called virtuali ("your user name" is to be substituted for your windows user name, remove quotes)

5.Start FSX and let it load to the menu

6.Close FSX

7.Download the GSX addon from here

8.Download the Addon manager from here

9.Install the GSX Addon

10.Start FSX and let it load to the menu

11.Close FSX

12.Install the addon manager

13.Go to C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and delete everything inside that folder. ("your user name" is to be substituted for your windows user name, remove quotes)
This will reset your shader cache, it will rebuild on your next FSX load. This helps me alot when I start getting weird textures, missing textures, slow loading textures, mising stuff and fps drops. I do this about once a week.

14.Done