Author Topic: Stand alone addon manager  (Read 5107 times)

skimmer

Stand alone addon manager
« on: April 14, 2012, 01:49:40 am »
When I started my FSX and started my flight the Fsdt window came on and stated- Download the latest download manager. So I clicked on it and was then told to quit FSX and download from fsdt site, which I did and during the install it stopped and stated that, ERROR,default vehicles_airport.bgl not found!  . What does this mean? :)
                                                                                             Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stand alone addon manager
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:14:26 am »
ERROR,default vehicles_airport.bgl not found!

It means the installer couldn't find the vehicles_airport.bgl file in your FSX\Scenery\Global\Scenery folder, in order to patch it to exclude the default Pushback truck.

Check if you have a vehicles_airport.gsx file in the same folder, that's a backup of the original file made by GSX installation. If you have it, simply rename it vehicles_airport.bgl and reinstall the Addon Manager.

If you don't, then either you manually removed it (you shouldn't have) OR you never had that file when GSX was installed, in that case it should be restored from the FSX installation DVD

It's not really a big issue not having it, you will miss some default vehicles, but this won't interfere with GSX or our sceneries.

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 07:27:38 pm »
Thank you that worked fine. ;D

Supera380

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 02:41:52 pm »
Check if you have a vehicles_airport.gsx file in the same folder, that's a backup of the original file made by GSX installation. If you have it, simply rename it vehicles_airport.bgl and reinstall the Addon Manager.

Hi Umberto,

Can you explain further what the GSX install process does for the vehicle airport objects. I recently had an issue where the std FSX scenery objects for the airport vehicles went missing. I traced this to the vehicle_airport.bgl being renamed as .gsx but the .bgl file was gone. What is GSX doing when it performs an update to the std FSX objects? Why and what files does it backup? Just curious.

thx
Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 03:51:05 pm »
The backup is made BEFORE touching the original file. The file is not renamed, is copied to .GSX and the other copy named .BGL is patched to disable the default Pushback truck, and the installer clearly alerts it did this, and says it made a backup too.

And, if no vehicles_airport.bgl is found when installing, but a vehicles_airport.gsx IS found, the .bgl is first restored from the .gsx and then patched.

When you uninstall GSX, the backup is automatically copied back to its original file, so you'll end up in exactly the same situation as if GSX wasn't installed.

Note, this is only using the *current* version of the Full 1.4.1 installer, or the most current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Previous versions of the installer only worked with an original vehicles_airport.bgl, not one that was already modified by another product (there are 3rd party vehicle replacement sets), but that only meant the patching did't happen, so you would end up with double Pushback trucks. The current installer can patch any vehicles_airport.bgl file, even a non-original one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:54:25 pm by virtuali »