Author Topic: Problem with latest update  (Read 5645 times)

flapsup

Problem with latest update
« on: April 15, 2012, 11:32:03 am »
Umberto,
I have installed the latest update via the stand alone manager, and I am able to customize most addon airports, except any German Airports from Aerosoft. EDDS EDDT etc etc. Was able to before this update, but the airport cust option does not show up in the Coauti menu or F+12.

I use AES for Jetways only, so at GAP Vol 1, 2 & 3 I get the GSX air stairs and the jetway.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:01:31 pm by flapsup »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Problem with latest update
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »
I'm guessing they've added customizing for them, so you won't be able to.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »
Not sure how you customise these either, can't customise a freeware EDDH. How do you customise with the new update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 07:07:13 pm »
I have installed the latest update via the stand alone manager, and I am able to customize most addon airports, except any German Airports from Aerosoft. EDDS EDDT etc etc. Was able to before this update, but the airport cust option does not show up in the Coauti menu or F+12.

None of these airports are already customized by GSX (the only Aerosoft that are are EDDM and EDDK) so, there's no reason why they couldn't be customized and surely this hasn't changed after the update.

The only difference the updated has made, that is no longer mandatory to stay parked with engines off and parking brakes on on a parking position in order to customize it. You can now customize any parking position from any place, even when sitting on the runway.

Check you see the "GSX - Customize Airport positions" option in the Couatl menu.

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 07:25:32 pm »
I can see this menu now, I'm sitting at EGLL, but couldn't see it when I was at EDDH, I'll try restarting fSX, but not sure this will fix it or not.

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:25 pm »
Deleted a bad freeware scenery, and it works now for me!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 07:44:26 pm »
That's understandable, if the AFCAD has mistakes, GSX will ignore it so, you wouldn't be able to start a customization based on it.

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 07:47:31 pm »
Ok, thanks, not sure if this has solved the original problem. Thanks for solving mine though.

flapsup

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 10:58:50 pm »

None of these airports are already customized by GSX (the only Aerosoft that are are EDDM and EDDK) so, there's no reason why they couldn't be customized and surely this hasn't changed after the update.

The only difference the updated has made, that is no longer mandatory to stay parked with engines off and parking brakes on on a parking position in order to customize it. You can now customize any parking position from any place, even when sitting on the runway.

Check you see the "GSX - Customize Airport positions" option in the Couatl menu.
No customize option in menu. Only at GAP airports. Have used GSX at GAP's previously with no problems using  "6" on the Cntrl +F12.

flapsup

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 08:59:25 am »
Looking further into this problem, Deleting previous customised gates before update, solved the problem. This only seems to effect GAP 1,2,3. Deleting the ini files fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:28:09 am by flapsup »