Author Topic: Couatl stopped working  (Read 3710 times)

Superpilotv2

Couatl stopped working
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »
Hi,
some day s back I bought GSX and Las Vegas from you. So far very nice but I had some problems with Couatl refusing to work and thus KLAS being completely useless. For example I did yesterday do a flight with the NGX from Phoenix to Las Vegas and parked at the gate. Everything went well and the scenery behaved very well. I saved that flight with everythig working and as I returned to it, it seemed that couatl had stopped woking. I didn´t do anything between these two flights, even FSX wasn´t shut down in the meantime. I restarted FSX several times but couatl refused to work either. Luckily I was able to fix that with installing the stand alone addon manager.  Now it´s working again. But such strange behaviour wasn´t the first time it occured. Just after activation the same occured but back the reloading FSX made it.

That´s just for you to know it, maybe you can find out why couatl does sometimes stop working or refuses to load.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Re: Couatl stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:10:20 pm »
One thing that may help is to right-click the couatl.exe file and, in the Compatibility tab, check the Run as Administrator box. This helped me. ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:14:01 pm by mcdonar »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:27:51 pm »
If just the Couatl menu is missing, check it's not running from a previous FSX session (this can happen if you launch FSX too quickly after having close down) using the Task Manager, if you still have a Couatl.exe process running, terminate it with the Task manager and start FSX again.

Superpilotv2

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 12:53:30 am »
If just the Couatl menu is missing, check it's not running from a previous FSX session (this can happen if you launch FSX too quickly after having close down) using the Task Manager, if you still have a Couatl.exe process running, terminate it with the Task manager and start FSX again.

Thanks, I will have a look on that in the future. SO far everything works like a charm except some things I´d like to mention of you allow it.