Author Topic: Sound problem and airport modification  (Read 4069 times)

Nigge

Sound problem and airport modification
« on: April 02, 2012, 08:26:32 pm »
To save some space in the forum I will merge two questions into one.

Nr 1: Its possible to change the settings for a gate,  no staircase etc,  but is there a way to do those settings for a complete airport?  Most big airports have jetways for every stand...  And it takes like forever to put the aircraft at every stand and customize the parking position.  I still want to use gsx so i sont want to disable it on the airport...  Just make so that the standard is a jetway instead of staircase...

Nr 2: After the update I got some sound problems,  I cant get any sound out of GSX, I have selevted my aound card in the GSX SETTINGS,  but still nothing,  any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sound problem and airport modification
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:39:20 pm »
Nr 1: Its possible to change the settings for a gate,  no staircase etc,  but is there a way to do those settings for a complete airport?

Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6196.msg54520#msg54520

See my reply about the hierarchical customization, which will allow to select a single parking, a group (eg. a terminal) or the whole airport, to set options like jetways, passenger bus, etc. It will come in the next update, but we can't say exactly when.

Nr 2: After the update I got some sound problems,  I cant get any sound out of GSX, I have selected my sound card in the GSX SETTINGS,  but still nothing,  any suggestions?

There's nothing in the update that was related to sound, just be sure your sound card and its output are correctly.

Nigge

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:02:05 pm »
Ok so ill just have to sit tightand wait for the next update:-) sounds good,

I know that nothing has changed,  but is there any way to test the sound? 

N55211

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 01:53:08 am »
I have the same problem.   No GSX sound after the update.   The words at the top are visible but no sounds at all.  FSX sounds are fine so no problem with the sound card.  Just no boarding sounds, no pushback talk, etc.   Vehicle sounds are ok though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:55:58 am by N55211 »

Nigge

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:40:25 am »
That sounds like my problem!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 10:47:17 am »
I'm sorry, but there's no reasons why some sounds would work and others not. The only possible explanation, is that you uninstalled GSX and applied the update instead of the full installer. Try again using the full installer.

Nigge

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 11:02:20 am »
My problem solved, my correct sound unit wasnt visible in the list at first... today it all of the sudden was... So it was not surprisingly my fault  ;D
and now it works super!
Thanks for your help virtuali and great work!