Author Topic: Airport customization does not show the gate, airport and AFCAD name  (Read 2969 times)

Maurice Pratt

According to p. 22: Selecting "customize this parking position" will display the parking spot position, the name of the Airport you are currently editing in the next line, and the 3rd line indicates which .BGL (AFCAD) file is active now.

I've tried making modifications to both the FSX default KPDX (Portland Intl), WA and a Devinci 3rd party KSAN (San Diego, CA) airports using the current GSX v5. This resulted in creating a ksan.ini file, but not one for kpdx. The ksan.ini reads as follows:
[gate 15]
loadertype = 3 3
radiusleft = 41.7000007629
disablemarshaller = 0
pushback = 1
hasjetway = 1
nopassengerstairs = 1
radiusright = 33.3600006104
nopassengerbus = 1

[general]
afcad_path = SimMarket/KSAN X/KSAN_X_PhotoSceneryCompatible/scenery/KSAN_afcad_3de.BGL

My question/concern is that the customization dialog for either airport shows no data entries when opened, nor is the gate, airport or AFCAD name identified.  As I understand it, these values should appear (the same information that shows up in the resulting ksan.ini file, for example).  Am I missing something?

GSX appears otherwise to be operating correctly, though I thought the current version would extend the airport customization function to include disabling stairways for an entire concourse using a single airport dialog box?  Again, have I overlooked something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport customization does not show the gate, airport and AFCAD name
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:45:55 pm »
My question/concern is that the customization dialog for either airport shows no data entries when opened, nor is the gate, airport or AFCAD name identified.  As I understand it, these values should appear (the same information that shows up in the resulting ksan.ini file, for example).  Am I missing something?

These values will appear, but only if the AFCAD in use is correct and, only if the airport uses self-contained AFCADs. Some 3rd party airports are using partial AFCAD, that just integrate some info, but with the bulk of their data coming from the default AFCAD for the same airport. These airports can't be customized, because GSX works only with a single AFCAD at time.

GSX appears otherwise to be operating correctly, though I thought the current version would extend the airport customization function to include disabling stairways for an entire concourse using a single airport dialog box?  Again, have I overlooked something?

Yes, of course it does, it's enough you select a root node in the left parking "tree" view, which can be either a group of gates, or the whole airport (if you select the top-most root node, which is the icao of the airport), and you will enter in a multiple selection mode, which means any parameter you change while in this mode, will affect all parking spot selected. The label will display a number to indicate how many parking spots are currently selected.