Author Topic: Improperly Configured sounds  (Read 3434 times)

Angelo

Improperly Configured sounds
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:05:08 am »
Is there a way to disable the "Dong!" sound when you accidently release the parking brakes, or are late opening a door. Sometimes I am not quite ready to release the brakes or open the door and GSX keeps going off every 10 seconds "Dong!" along with the green bar at the top. It is really quite annoying can I stop this somehow?

Thanks

Angelo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Improperly Configured sounds
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:11:26 am »
GSX doesn't do what you say. It makes a sound if you accidentally release brakes or when you accidentally set brakes when you are being Pushback, because that indicates a mistake but, as soon as you correct it, the "Dong" stops.

About being late opening a door, there's no "Dong" sound played at all, just a very short beep, which is not an warning/error sound, but the reminder sound.

Angelo

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:06 am »
Is there a way to disable all sounds and notifications, is what I am asking then.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:31:58 am »
The notifications can't be disabled at the moment, but you can remove all the beeps, by removing the associated .wav files in the fsdreamteam\Couatl\GSX\Sounds, there will be no side effects: if a sound is missing, it simply won't play.