Author Topic: Extra stairway for some aircraft  (Read 2521 times)

Captain Fred

Extra stairway for some aircraft
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:53:04 pm »
Great product GSX. I have an issue and don't know how to solve it: I have an extra stairway pull up to my aircraft. I fly A320, A319 and A318.
How do I eliminate the extra stairway from pulling up to the second passenger door?
I checked the customization of aircraft menu and changed the data for the second passenger door but that doesn't seem to help.
Please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Extra stairway for some aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:01:06 am »
I checked the customization of aircraft menu and changed the data for the second passenger door but that doesn't seem to help.

What do you mean with "changed the data" ? If you disable a passenger door, stairs will not appear in any case.

Also, is not very clear what do you mean with "extra stairway", do you mean you have *two* stairway on the same door ? That can only mean you made a mistake in editing the airplane, and put two doors in the same place.

Also, you don't say which airplanes you use. Meaning, *which* A320, A319, A318 ? Wilco's ? Aerosoft ? Freeware ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:03:14 am by virtuali »

Captain Fred

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 04:58:40 pm »
I fly Francois Dore's Airbus addons for fsx. When I park at the jetway and call for passengers boarding, a stairway appears at the rear door (passenger door #2) of the aircraft. It doesn't matter what Airbus I am flying. I will try again your suggestion. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 05:46:44 pm »
When I park at the jetway and call for passengers boarding, a stairway appears at the rear door (passenger door #2) of the aircraft.

If with "rear jetway", you mean passenger door #4 (which is the one in the rear, unless you reorder them using the configuration editor), that's absolutely normal, rear stairways are used quite often, even if there's a jetway, if only for the maintenance/cleaning crew.

Of course, as explained on the GSX manual, Page 22, this can be customized on such parking were the rear jetway might not fit:

Disable staircase
This option will disable all passenger stairs, even the rear one on a jetway-equipped parking.

If, instead, you want to remove it everywhere, you should remove it on the aircraft configuration editor instead.