Author Topic: Standard FSX Jetway - option for no stairs  (Read 6872 times)

johndrago

Standard FSX Jetway - option for no stairs
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:48:52 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I didn't see the option in your 1.1 list to exclude stairs when a standard FSX jetway was available.  This would solve the issue where a plane has a jetway and stairs attached at the same time.  Is this still planned, or did I mis-read the notes?

Excellent product so far!

Thanks!

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Standard FSX Jetway - option for no stairs
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »
It's the Parking customization dialog. It's not a global setting.

johndrago

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 10:26:33 pm »
It's the Parking customization dialog. It's not a global setting.

Understood.

One more quick question.  I see that the "customize this parking position" shows up at non FSDT airports, but I didn't see it at FSDT KLAX.  Will there be a way to turn off the stairs at FSDT airports via the option?

Thanks again!

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 11:27:14 pm »
Yes, as explained on the updated manual, user customization is only available on airports that haven't been customized already. So no, right now it's not possible for you to turn off rear stairs at FSDT airports, but we could do it.

What's the reason for you wanting to turn off stairs on FSDT airports ? Just the rear stairs on gates with jetways ? Or stairs in general, because you fly airplanes with they own airstair ?

In the latter case, we'll add way to support airplanes with Airstairs, but that would be made as an airplane configuration option, it's not really related to the scenery.

The main reason for having a rear stair in the first place, even when there's a jetway was both because it's used for servicing, and because many airplanes don't have a rear passenger door animated separately from the main door, they open together and, seeing a passenger door opened in the void, was a bit unsettling...

johndrago

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 12:30:16 am »
Yes, as explained on the updated manual, user customization is only available on airports that haven't been customized already. So no, right now it's not possible for you to turn off rear stairs at FSDT airports, but we could do it.

What's the reason for you wanting to turn off stairs on FSDT airports ? Just the rear stairs on gates with jetways ?

Yes, just the rear stairs when a jetway is available.

Thanks for your quick answers!

John

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:58 am »
No, I want those rear stairs.   :)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

D_mitris

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:37 pm »
I vote for a global setting to remove rear stairs at all airports.  I have not flown much in Europe yet but it is just something you don't see in U.S. airports

dap192

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 04:48:24 pm »
Yes, I agree that a way to disable stairs everywhere would be great.  I fly in the USA and every gate I ever taxi to has a jetway.  As it is now, I customize the gate to turn off stairs as soon as I start FSX.  So that works at the starting gate, but when I land, I can't turn them off at the gate where I about to arrive.  Or is there a way?  Thanks.

--Don

Orion

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:38:15 am »
I too, would like a global option (or perhaps an airport ICAO filter) to disable the rear stairs.