Author Topic: One last problem  (Read 4467 times)

PilotTHK

One last problem
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:06:26 pm »
Okay, so I have, for example, Imagine Sim's KSJC San Jose Airport that is supported by AES with the jetways, etc. As I try to run AES and GSX simultanously, it seems that AES makes GSX not work, GSX doesnt make AES work, etc. Is there a way, maybe next update, that GSX can support ALL jetways in sceneries, or atleast some major companies like FLYTAMPA, Aerosoft, Imagine Sim, Etc. If you could tell me how I can work payware jetways that are only supported by AES work with GSX, that will be my last and final problem. Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: One last problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:02:00 am »
If with "support ALL jetways", you mean GSX should just know about the existence of static/fake/non-standard jetways on a certain parking spot, in order not to enable the full set of stairs and the passengers bus, this is the main point of the option "Parking has a jetway" you can now set in the Airport customization feature that has been added in the last update.

Here's a post suggesting how to do it quicker:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5778.msg52147#msg52147

PilotTHK

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:41:28 am »
If with "support ALL jetways", you mean GSX should just know about the existence of static/fake/non-standard jetways on a certain parking spot, in order not to enable the full set of stairs and the passengers bus, this is the main point of the option "Parking has a jetway" you can now set in the Airport customization feature that has been added in the last update.

Here's a post suggesting how to do it quicker:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5778.msg52147#msg52147
I mean, moving, animated jetways. For like, boarding. When I click "Boarding" Will the jetway if animated, connect to my aircraft if I click in the settings, "Parking has Jetway"?
EDIT: And I mean my anitmated as in payware jetways, not default airport jetways.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:44:10 am by PilotTHK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 12:52:31 am »
I mean, moving, animated jetways. For like, boarding. When I click "Boarding" Will the jetway if animated, connect to my aircraft if I click in the settings, "Parking has Jetway"?

GSX can't move jetways for those 3rd party sceneries that made them as static, that would require supporting each single scenery separately and having to charge for it, which doesn't really fit with the GSX "universal" concept.

If the scenery is made as a proper FSX scenery, like all default sceneries, all FSDT sceneries, and other 3rd party scenery like UK2000, GSX will recognize them automatically and you don't need to do anything.

The "parking has jetway" option on the parking customization page is only used to tell GSX the scenery you use has a non FSX-standard jetway, or a static jetway that is part of the building, because those can't be automatically detected.

PilotTHK

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:33:00 am »
Thanks!