Author Topic: AI, Airport Buildings, Push Back Issues & Sound  (Read 5422 times)

Andrew737

AI, Airport Buildings, Push Back Issues & Sound
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:01:35 pm »
Hi Umberto

I hope you are well - Keeping up with the floods of post launch enquiries.

GSX is very good - thank you.  ;D

PUSH BACK & AIRPORT BUILDINGS:
I fly around europe and am having issues with push back trucks coming out THROUGH building in front of me at the parking. Where, what and how do I edit something in the FSX files to stop this and If I do i am concerned that the push back vehicle will be too close to operate. in AES in these situations I think it comes from side of the plane rather than in front.

AI & PUSH BACK:
I am sure I speak for more than just myself when i ask - can we have a PAUSE button for push back? I am very fortunate in that my system lets me run high settings with good performance so i get lots of AI and it is horrible when I get pushed into a taxiing AI that results in the end of my flight! At the moment I have to reset AI or reset PUSH BACK - this ruins my emmersion into the Simulator.

SOUND:
I need to be able to adjust all the different volumes in GSX. I have 3 sound systems from various PC's all set so I can enjoy My simming to the full I need adjustment on GSX so I do not have to re configure every other sound on my sim to suit GSX volumes.

PASSENGER BUS:
Drives straight THROUGH AI planes - annoying! At UK2000 EGLC the bus is not needed as the planes are so close to the building and as a result the bus drives THROUGH the buldings.

DEFAULT 737:
The rear Stairs need to be a bit closer to the plane the front ones are ok.

GSX MENU:
Every time I select an option the menu goes OFF the screen please can this be toggled with ctrl+f12 rather than just go?

I look forward to your views

Regards

Andrew

Regards Andrew

ayster

Re: AI, Airport Buildings, Push Back Issues & Sound
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:15:31 pm »

AI & PUSH BACK:
I am sure I speak for more than just myself when i ask - can we have a PAUSE button for push back? I am very fortunate in that my system lets me run high settings with good performance so i get lots of AI and it is horrible when I get pushed into a taxiing AI that results in the end of my flight! At the moment I have to reset AI or reset PUSH BACK - this ruins my emmersion into the Simulator.

Perhaps a good solution would be to have to acknowledge when the marshaller says 'are you ready captain'?

Andrew737

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:18:59 pm »
Hello Ayster

That would keep the realism. Actually I just thought would pressing the nrakes work?

I will go try now!
Regards Andrew

Andrew737

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:56:29 pm »
Nope Brakes dont halt push back!  :(
Regards Andrew

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 04:12:38 pm »
..it is horrible when I get pushed into a taxiing AI that results in the end of my flight! At the moment I have to reset AI or reset PUSH BACK - this ruins my emmersion into the Simulator.

Part of the "immersion in the simulator" includes the proper use of filing flight plans and obtaining clearances from air traffic control.  Either you or the AI would've been told to hold your position, if you had proper taxi clearance.

For your other issues, GSX vehicles are not "traffic aware", so a bus driving through AI aircraft or a building is simply unavoidable.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Andrew737

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 04:58:40 pm »
Hi Bruce

I was too busy testing GSX out to even think to use ATC and to be honest I have not had a chance to set up RC4 yet; thanks for the tip - That's that bit sorted.

As far as buses are and AI traffic are concerned that can be lived with because it's unlikely it will Happen at close range - So that's ok too!

I cannot live with the buses going through the terminal, that for me renders all those particular airports useless. A suggestion made earlier would cure this: An option to call buses if they are required would solve that.

The menu disapearing - do you get that?

Regards

Andrew
Regards Andrew

D_mitris

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:08:42 pm »
I am also using the default 737 and noticed the rear stairs issue.   It does not line up properly like the front stairs.