Author Topic: GSX love it with a few ideas added  (Read 4039 times)

Kilstorm

GSX love it with a few ideas added
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »
GSX rocks! What you guys have released is a game changer for how FSX can be used.  I know there are small hiccups due to the fact its for every plane and every airport so it goes without saying there will be some small visual issues but when looked at overall of what GSX is and how its never been done on this scale before with the options to user customize it with support to enhance and correct an issues with future updates...Bravo FSDT!

I would like to throw a few more ideas for future expansions.  With the PMDG JS41 which has a GPU and Chocks, could it be possible that however PMDG has coded it to show and hide those be customized so that GSX takes over the "hotkey" if you will and the user no longer needs to use the popup window in FSX for the JS41 to show or hide them but instead use GSX and it will show or hide them making the JS41 more of a 2 as being a customized compatiable plane for GSX.  So instead of having to use the Shift 2 popup PMDG window to show them, you have those options in the Crtl F12 GSX window with perhaps the marshaller providing the hand signals for them as well.

Secondly, at least on small planes, once you have arrived at the parking and the marshaller has signaled shut down and starts to walk away, could it be coded to use the hotkey to open door automatically?  It would be like most small ga flights where the marsheller walks up to the door and opens it for the flight.  I dont need the guy next to my planes door because thats behind me so once he walks out of sight from infornt of the plane it would keep the immersion.  This would worked great coupled with FSPassengers that requires the door to be opened to end the flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX love it with a few ideas added
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »
Thank you for the comments and the suggestions.

We tend to be a bit shy of generating keystrokes or writing into variables and/or generating custom events for other products, you really never fully known of any possible side effects.

We only *read* values from advanced airplanes with custom doors and ground objects, which is always harmless, and let the user control the action using the means provided by the airplane developer (menu, custom gauge, etc.). It's much safer.