Author Topic: Runway Textures/Runway Active  (Read 3825 times)

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Runway Textures/Runway Active
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:25:29 am »
Dallas and Los Angele by FSDreamteam are the best FS sceneries out there, and one of the huge reasons are the ground textures. More specifically, runway textures. As stated in the Zurich support forum, FSDT will be in fact producing a payware update with the new runway texturing technology ("Ground Shaders"), and I simply can't wait! Chicago and JFK are both amazing sceneries, with the exception of the runway textures. Taxiways are great, buildings are great, animations are great but the runway textures are not the best in FS. Watching landing videos and maps, the runways are different shades than simply grey and white. Additionally, my AI almost always tends to land on runways 4L/22R and 4R/22L. Is this true to real life? I hope an update will come (payware or not) with runway textures and better actives. Anyways, can't wait for YVR and have a happy New Year! :) :D ;D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:27:25 am by DMac10121 »

theshack440

Re: Runway Textures/Runway Active
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 04:31:03 pm »
Lucky for you (and the rest of us  :D), FSDT are planning on making an extensive update to JFK (and KORD). This update will be payware but will take JFK to the next generation style of creating airports, similar to KLAX and KDFW. This will include better textures for not just the taxiways and runways, but the terminals, buildings, facilities, etc.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Re: Runway Textures/Runway Active
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »
Lucky for you (and the rest of us  :D), FSDT are planning on making an extensive update to JFK (and KORD). This update will be payware but will take JFK to the next generation style of creating airports, similar to KLAX and KDFW. This will include better textures for not just the taxiways and runways, but the terminals, buildings, facilities, etc.

I can't wait! With CYVR and updates for all of these airports, FSDreamTeam are going to have the best sceneries for ages to come!  ;D