Author Topic: The Black Stripe  (Read 4480 times)

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
The Black Stripe
« on: January 04, 2012, 04:37:27 am »
The runways at Zürich are different than most. Not only are they high, but runway 16/34 has a large black stripe running along it's surface. This may be in a similar situation as Athens and Ibiza with a black stripe, which may be used to add friction to slow the aircraft. I have two questions. #1 - Is this what is indeed happening at Athens and Ibiza and is this the case at Zürich as well? If so, why at ZRH/LSZH, why this runway only and why such a slender stripe? Secondly, will FSDT release a non-payware upgrade in which the textures are updated? This is part of the reason that Aerosoft Mega Airport Zürich 2012 may sell more. Anyways, any response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much, have a Happy New Year and can't wait for CYVR! :) :D ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The Black Stripe
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:46:22 am »
This is part of the reason that Aerosoft Mega Airport Zürich 2012 may sell more

Considering we had more than 12.000 views of our *upgrade* announcement on our forum, which is way more than the whole discussion about Zurich 2012 on Aerosoft forum, and adding the recent Avsim review of it:

http://www.avsim.com/pages/1211/Aerosoft1/Zurich.html

I am disappointed by this product. I feel that the FSDreamteam version of Zurich is a much more polished product, although it may not have the latest changes to the airport. The product is not bad; it is just that there is better. I highly recommend you read this review of the FSDreamteam Zurich.

This was written even before we released the free upgrade with the new Terminal B, now even the "not have the latest changes to the airport" remark is valid anymore.

Specifically about runway textures, which was what you asked for:

The runway textures are not good. They look nothing like what the real runways look like at Zurich according to images from airliners.net. The edges of the runways in Aerosoft’s rendering are a light grey and the runway is a deep grey/black.

I'd say it's highly unlikely it will ever sell more.

The only reason Aerosoft made this scenery, was just to satisfy the CD boxed market, which is made by less advanced users that are still tied in to the old way of purchasing things in a box, a market we don't believe in anymore, I don't even think they ever expected to fare better than us on the download market.

In any case, we might have a look at the runway textures, but for the next update, and it has to be payware. Zurich has been updated for free for 4 years, we made two major free upgrades in the last 5 months: I'd say it's more than enough.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:47:54 am by virtuali »

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Re: The Black Stripe
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 05:03:03 pm »
Thank you Virtuali,

That definitely answers my question, with the exception of the black stripe, although you are right, I didn't fully appreciate how awesome FSDT Zürich is! All the best, and a Happy New Year!