Author Topic: Help! Multiplayer paint scheme problem!  (Read 6523 times)

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
Help! Multiplayer paint scheme problem!
« on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:53 pm »
My question is directed to any Fsx multiplayer gurus out there regarding paint schemes seen by other players.

When I'm in a multiplayer session, I can see the correct paint scheme the other players are sporting but they seem to see me as something different than what I selected.

This has occured on two occasions I am aware of: when I flew the default F-18 with a custom skin selected, (the other player had the exact same skin installed on their computer), and while flying the VRS Superbug with one of the default schemes selected, and yes in the case of the Superbug the other player who mentioned the anomoly to me had the Superbug with the same default skin as well.

Any constructive thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

Razgriz

Re: Help! Multiplayer paint scheme problem!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:32:05 pm »
has everything to do with the fallback in the texture.cfg.  seeing as i don't have fsx installed i can't be specific on how to fix your problem.

this may help:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Texture.cfg_(FSX)

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:20 pm »
Thanks for the speedy post. Tried the link but came to an empty page.

edit...found the page in question.

Regarding the fallback in the texture.cfg, my Suberbug is completely unmodified as to do as such would void the warranty, so to speak. I also know that the person who brought this difference to my attention had not done any modifications to his Superbug files either.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:59:11 pm by svicar »

SUBS17

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:05:12 pm »
Are they both up to the latest patch? Each skin has to have the same name for the skin to be the same in MP and the PCs both have to have that skin. There was a few patches that affected skins where they had to be reloaded for people who had liveries although I do not know if the names themselves changed.

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 02:57:40 am »
I assume they are. At least I know I am. At any rate, I've recieved a couple of good suggestion I'd like to try out this eve and I will update afterwards. Many thanks for the helpful input.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 06:21:38 am »
Ray...

Yeah, I read your post and cant give you a more definitive answer. When we had our massive multi sessions two seasons ago, we had alot of the same problems but they could be traced to someone with a plane that wasnt like the others... if that happened, the Hornet would "run home to mama" and switch the paints back to the Blues paints.

Look at this video, go to 2:20, where Orion is the white Test paint and everyone else is Blue Angel paint. No, we didn't all take Blue Angel paints, believe me.

This is just one video, there are others of our multiplayer session where you can see our birds actually switch to Blues paints and back to what we selected.

I see you have been trying to minimize the variables and variations of your birds. One thing I'd suggest is just to have the VRS bird in your AIRCRAFT folder. Meaning, make a backup of your AIRCRAFT folder, then name it AIRCRAFT_BAK... then make a CLEAN AIRCRAFT folder, ADD the VRS Bug in there and go fly. If you get the problem with ONLY the Bug in your AIRCRAFT folder, then you know where its coming from. If not, add others, such as the default, then the Sludge. Til you get the problem to repeat, then you know the genesis of the problem.

Later
Sludge

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 08:21:00 am »
Thanks for the info, Sludge. It seems the problem I had with the default hornet was that I had changed the folder name of the aircraft in question. ::) As buddy and I had different folder names for the same scheme it balled things up. Still not sure about the VRS problem but I can pick their brains for a solution. Most important thing is that the default bird show up as it should.

Many, many thanks for all the feed back all.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:58:21 am by svicar »

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 08:48:10 am »
Geeez!! seeing this video brought back some crazy memories.
This particular session is where some legendary sayings were born
Don Filer "I'm in the slot " and  "Im at 350 knots" (on finals at the ramp)  :o
Orion " Youve just been Neutrinoed" and while acting as LSO " maybe come right a little bit.. maybe  ;D
Sludge " Your rents due sucker " and the bad news bears of aviation"
Lots of laughs ..miss those days

Sonofabeech out
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

SUBS17

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 08:17:45 pm »
LMAO thats a good video funny seeing the 2 ship approach I saw that once on LO 2 guys actually landed at the same time on the Knutzekov. You guys should make more movies like that.