Author Topic: AI Issue at JFK?  (Read 6111 times)

Dougal

AI Issue at JFK?
« on: October 30, 2011, 02:39:55 pm »
Hello

From a search, I see similar threads have come up before.  However, I'd just like to double check to see if there's any kind of fix for this problem that I may have missed, as it really spoils this wonderful addon for me...

Parkway Visual RNY13L/R

My AI Traffic is UT2 (possible culprit?) and is obviously TRYING to make the turns to RNY13, but don't make it, instead landing on the taxiway (atop the other AI), then as they slow, gradually cut across my aircraft, back on to the runway.

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI Issue at JFK?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:42:02 pm »
I'm fairly sure not all your AI have exactly the same behavior. Whether they are able or not to make the procedure turn, depends on their flight models, if you keep observing them, you'll see some of them should be able to make it, some not.

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 03:43:37 pm »
As far as I understand, this is just the way FSDT made the scenery. They set up the proper waypoints to turn but the AI traffic don't do it "nicely." I have tried to forget about it but it is still quite frustrating. Perhaps try to change it yourself in ADE or check avsim/flightsim/simviation, etc for a corrected approach?

If there is something that can be done about it, I hope FSDT address it in the their JFK update due sometime in the (hopefully near) future.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 03:49:46 pm »
They set up the proper waypoints to turn but the AI traffic don't do it "nicely."

That's precisely the point, we have set the waypoints correctly, but not all AI are following it, and it depends on their flight model (if the procedure was wrong, no AI would be able to follow it). We can't obviously make the procedure wrong to accomodate for some flight models, since those that are able to follow it now, will then fly it wrong, the only correct option is to set the waypoints in their correct place, and they are.

Dougal

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 07:10:12 pm »
After landing, I sat in the aircraft for nearly 20 minutes.  I didn't see one aircraft hit the runway (at least on 13R) >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 09:18:02 pm »
After landing, I sat in the aircraft for nearly 20 minutes.  I didn't see one aircraft hit the runway (at least on 13R)

That's a problem of the flight models of the AI traffic you use. With default traffic, most of the jets are able to make it to the runway.

Dougal

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 07:12:14 pm »
Oh, that's such a shame, as it's a brilliant airport addon.  I have it installed with photoscenery and it's just the 'dogs wottsits' :D

Don't suppose you can 'recommend' any of the other AI traffic progs that work better?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »
Oh, that's such a shame, as it's a brilliant airport addon

This doesn't have anything to do with the airport itself. As I've said, it's the AI flight models, not always being able to follow a curved approach, and the airport itself can't be blamed for having a curved approach in the first place, it's just the AI system wasn't really designed for this.

The AFCAD of the airport is correctly made with all the waypoints in the correct places and altitudes and correct headings too so, it's really our of our control.

Don't suppose you can 'recommend' any of the other AI traffic progs that work better?

It's not a matter of what AI pack, it's a model by model thing, I doubt that anyone has ever tested AI one by one on curved approaches, when developing JFK, we mostly tested with default AI, since there were no native FSX AI products available at that time.