Author Topic: Hi.. noob here...  (Read 9233 times)

eleazar

Hi.. noob here...
« on: March 06, 2008, 04:31:57 pm »
1st of all.. Great work for the F/A-18!

em..have lots of problem... cos there is no manual...

here are my questions:

1.Do carrier have ILS? i can't find it... cos i am uesd to ILS landing..(sorry, i am noob)
2.How to start on a carrier in free fly? is that possible?
3.in the mission:Carrier Practice, my flight path marker moves up and down very fast, i can't keep it stable.. is that due to wind or something?
4.sometimes when i fly the F-18, the flaps is not stable( due to the wind, i think so ).. and i can here the sound from it.. is that normal? or is there any key to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

sorry for so many questions..

All the best!

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Re: Hi.. noob here...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 04:40:06 pm »
hehe i've been there, i'll try to help

1.nope, they don't  :(
2.no, it's not possible, best thing you can do is download AiCarriers to position them while on free flight
3.yep, thats the wind, turbulence, w/e (even tho i think it doenst happen irl)
4.f/a-18 flaps are kinda automatic, so they'll auto adjust when they think its needed

;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:41:48 pm by fael097 »

eleazar

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 04:51:11 pm »
hehe i've been there, i'll try to help

1.nope, they don't  :(
2.no, it's not possible, best thing you can do is download AiCarriers to position them while on free flight
4.f/a-18 flaps are kinda automatic, so they'll auto adjust when they think its needed

;)

Thx a lot for your answer!

em... so my question now is how to land on a carrier.. i mean do u have a landing data sth? such as attitude for 3/4mile, 2mile or sth?
the reason i want to use ILS is becasue that i fly lock on and Falcon.. they both have ILS.. and even i watch "Speed and Angels", there is ILS together with the flight path maker...

so.. how to land properly??

thx !

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 04:59:49 pm »
this question has been discussed here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=281.0
you'll find a lot of information

hope this helps  ;)

eleazar

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 05:08:32 pm »
this question has been discussed here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=281.0
you'll find a lot of information

hope this helps  ;)

;D ;D ;D!!!!!!!!

THX!!!!!

crim3

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 07:08:35 pm »
The flight path marker just reflects where the velocity vector is pointing to. If velocity vector changes due to wind turbulence or bumps of the runway so will do the fpm. In other case the fpm would be lying. Look here:
&feature=user
You can see how the fpm of an f-16 HUD follows the bumps during take off and stops jitter once in the air.

The turbulence in that carrier mission is there to rise the challenge factor.

Aside this, the user of that video has a cool video about the navy f18. Worth seeing, very inspiring :)
&feature=user

reider

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 11:44:56 pm »
For those who need it, go to Avsim File Library, set the category to Flight Simulator X-Scenery.  Then use FSX Carrier as the search term.  Both are a call to the standard or the Acceleration carriers, not replacement carriers.  They are all used in Free Flight and at some point I may add lifting capability for the EH101 in Free Flight too, subject to implementation and testing. I`ve catered these to help people only, if you don`t need this sort of thing then just ignore the message.

You will see several versions of carriers, the standard ones are for non Acceleration users but work for both.  These are only the standard carrier not the Acceleration one with cat and arrestor cable.  The Plymouth version has ILS and GPS facility, you can also start from the deck from the FSX menu.  Though being ILS you only get the ILS arrow, no other feature.  Each carrier has its own airport code, Plymouth for example is EG51.  These are static only and you can use GPS to locate the carrier.

I released another version for Acceleration users (with the proper Acceleration Carrier) which works as above, full GPS, airport code, start from the deck from the FSX menu, GPS locatable.  This is a static and a moving version, GPS works fully only when static and in the home port.  Plymouth works in the home and the destination port.  Full facilities like cat launch and arrestor cable as usual with the Acceleration version. 

Areas covered:  Plymouth, Lands End, Aegean Sea and the Persian Gulf.

Reider
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 11:51:25 pm by reider »

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 12:23:08 am »
I released another version for Acceleration users (with the proper Acceleration Carrier) which works as above, full GPS, airport code, start from the deck from the FSX menu, GPS locatable.  This is a static and a moving version, GPS works fully only when static and in the home port.  Plymouth works in the home and the destination port.  Full facilities like cat launch and arrestor cable as usual with the Acceleration version.

nice man  8)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:25:09 am by fael097 »

Razgriz

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 10:05:42 pm »
1.Do carrier have ILS? i can't find it... cos i am uesd to ILS landing..(sorry, i am noob)
2.How to start on a carrier in free fly? is that possible?
3.in the mission:Carrier Practice, my flight path marker moves up and down very fast, i can't keep it stable.. is that due to wind or something?
4.sometimes when i fly the F-18, the flaps is not stable( due to the wind, i think so ).. and i can here the sound from it.. is that normal? or is there any key to fix it?

1. No
2. Yes, Norfolk NS (KNGU) on Friday at 12:30PM and there will be one around.
3. Its due to your speed and if you don't keep your plane stable.
4. Autoflaps.