Author Topic: weapons!  (Read 22259 times)

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
Re: weapons!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 02:10:57 pm »
@Sludge!!!  I sent you a PM

Sonofabeech out
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

lvflyer

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 05:07:18 pm »
You underestimate what can happen when the freeware minds unite.  A case in point is EZCAD.  You know when I was in school CAD programming was so far out of reach financially that I didn't even bother learning, but now anyone can learn CAD and produce really good results with freeware.  Does it have all the bells and whistles, no, but how many need them.  Lots of what VRS does is protect their product from piracy and that is why there is such an elaborate interface.  It isn't necessary to have to create a standalone program to create load outs.  You should be able to land, select what ordnance you want, then off you go.  The main reason for ACM is the registration checking.  What VRS has done with the Tac Pack has already been done in the free world.  All you have to do is look and the SDK is available too,  see other post.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »
you might say that what CS has done with the weapons pack has already been done in freeware, but dont come saying that tacpack has been done, cuz its much more complex than that. open your eyes, what other pack involves adding 3d models under a plane's wings, and also 3d gauges on their VCs?  you know what "no cheezy generic 2d panels" mean....
can you open a small interface and drop in a tanker plane in front of you?

obviously all of this can be done by anyone, but developing quality add ons is time consuming, and most of the time becomes a full time job, thats why you charge for it, and thats why you protect it from piracy. btw, keep this discussion in just one thread
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:35:40 pm by fael097 »

Johan

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 04:32:31 pm »
Sludge,

I assume you have tested CSWeapons a little...I have your team integrated version (Sludge FSX)  which works great, lots of fun with CSW. However, with CSW loaded, all the vapor effects on the Sludge are gone, although the aircraft.cfg doesn't seem to have been affected with the loading of CSW. I am wondering if it was just me...Thanks to let me know when you have a minute. Have a great weekend.

Johan

simaddict

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 07:06:10 pm »
Johan,
It's not just you. Same happened to me. I was gonna ask Sludge, but then I figured it has to do with the CS weapons putting gun effects into the nose. I haven't tried, but I would bet that if we remove the CS weapons the vapor would work again.
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Johan

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 08:19:38 pm »
Johan,
It's not just you. Same happened to me. I was gonna ask Sludge, but then I figured it has to do with the CS weapons putting gun effects into the nose. I haven't tried, but I would bet that if we remove the CS weapons the vapor would work again.
Mike

Thanks Mike. I love when I am not alone :). Otherwise I have to question my entire system. Have a nice weekend. Johan.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 04:46:22 am »
Johan...

Yes, theres several problems with the CSW integration into the Sludge/Combat combo.  First off, if you do the CS "built in" way (the bullseye on the aircraft), you'll definately not get full compatibility with all the gauges in the Sludge.

Also, keep in mind that the CSW HUD is a .dll and cannot be adapted very easily, whereas JRs HUD is an .XML gauge that can be changed with a few tweaks here and there.  Say HUD symbology positioning, HUD physical placement, stuff like that... but with the CSW HUD, the symbology is fixed, and cant be adapted to JRs NATOPS-based Hornet HUD.  You may be able to fire weapons but it wont work as intended.

Ive had some similar problems, but mine is with sounds dropping off in all my Hornets.  I dont get the Betty anymore.  I did a few workarounds in the gauges, to get them mildly adapted within a narrow framework, but still there is gauge crossover-interference.  Example:  when employing the CSW control panel, and then bringing up the refueling gauge/panel and the UFC, the refuel button is on and some of the graphics are misplaced.  So thats some of what Ive encountered.

To put it mildly, full and correct compatibility between the CSW and the Sludge/Combat combo will be a tough cookie at best.

Later
Sludge

Johan

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 06:49:03 pm »

To put it mildly, full and correct compatibility between the CSW and the Sludge/Combat combo will be a tough cookie at best.

Later
Sludge
[/quote]

Sludge,

Thanks for all your relevant observations. Integration is a real sport...the key is to keep all original versions of your favorite planes in safe places :)
Have a nice week,

Johan

simaddict

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 09:11:51 pm »
Ok Guys...Tell me this isn't great fun!! With CS Weapons installed, of course, Pick airport- ICAO id: ZUUU, set time Summer 6:00AM and check it out-about 20 B-29s on the tarmac getting ready to take off!!! Check out my screen caps!
My girlfriend thinks I need help!! LOL ::)
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

SUBS17

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 03:14:18 am »
you might say that what CS has done with the weapons pack has already been done in freeware, but dont come saying that tacpack has been done, cuz its much more complex than that. open your eyes, what other pack involves adding 3d models under a plane's wings, and also 3d gauges on their VCs?  you know what "no cheezy generic 2d panels" mean....
can you open a small interface and drop in a tanker plane in front of you?

obviously all of this can be done by anyone, but developing quality add ons is time consuming, and most of the time becomes a full time job, thats why you charge for it, and thats why you protect it from piracy. btw, keep this discussion in just one thread

Not forgetting A/G radar and FSX@WAR mod this very nearly makes FSX addon combat aircraft nearly 100% modeled. The CS version sounds good but the A/G radar is a necessity to fully model a F/A-18A/C/E/F without it you cannot employ weapons in fog on moving ground targets etc. From there the other sticking point is the FLIR which you need for LGBs etc. Its a big deal adding combat to FSX as it opens FSX to a whole planet of possibilitys good on CS for making the mod the other difficulty is radar painting from SAMs/enemy aircraft and search radars. VRS SH already has this and its another part of modern aircombat thats quite difficult to model correctly. I think before combat could be fully realised it may take TACPAC and some other mods to get it to its full potential. Virtual Squadrons will probably have alot of testing to do before they agree on which one they'll use. I'm waiting for TACPAC before I make any decisions but I can imagine that it will be very close once FSX@WAR is added although that may take a while to reach the level of DCS/Falcons battles.