Author Topic: Long Load times?  (Read 4910 times)

theshack440

Long Load times?
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:05:42 am »
Has anyone had (or unfortunately has) the problem of very long loading times in fsx? As in, FSX loads up correctly but when loading the flight itself it can take up to 15 minutes and then once loaded the frames seem to go from the highest fps it can reach to 20s then teens then back up... repeating that cycle. I thought the problem was caused by doing lots of stuff on my computer first and then playing but sometimes I restart my computer and I have the same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks a ton, any suggestions appreciated
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Long Load times?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:59:55 am »
The most common cause for long startup times in FSX, is a big collection of AI airplanes, because FSX has to scan each and every Simobjects folder on start to make an internal list of available AIs.

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 05:37:36 pm »
Ok thank you that might help. However when looking at the load bar it usually gets stuck for 10 minutes at
Loading terrain data and autogen. That's like 25-55 percent and then from 70-80 percent. So is it also a problem with loading the terrain?

Thank you
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 05:52:55 pm »
If you have terrain addons like Ultimate Terrain and load a complex area with many roads, lakes, coastline, etc, the vector data have to be read, and textures will have to be generated from that data, and autogen has to be placed on it. That's what that stage of the loading terrain does.

theshack440

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 06:49:00 pm »
I don't have any of those terrain addons but do you have an idea why sometimes that part of the loading process takes so long? Plus any ideas on the frame rate spazzing?

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:23:04 am by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 05:07:47 pm »
Sorry to go back to this old post but I am having the same problem again... The biggest issues, besides the load times, are that the fps jumps around like crazy and that the terrain looks blurry all the time... no matter what setting complexity or density is on. Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com