Author Topic: New Sludge IFLOLS question  (Read 5966 times)

lvflyer

New Sludge IFLOLS question
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:43 pm »
Is the IFLOLS in the new sludge suppose to show red wave off unless in line on localizer?  Is there suppose to be horizontal position indication like that of COP3's IFLOLS in cockpit gauge?  Will this gauge work without having ILS and on moving carrier?

Razgriz

Re: New Sludge IFLOLS question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:26:42 pm »
I have little clue how it works, but I know that it uses an ILS.  ILS is required to have a working meatball.  Yes, it can work at land based airports for FCLP usage, as long as ILS is available and tuned (the aircraft is using it).

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:01:16 am »
lvflyer,
This gauge mimics the shipboard Mk.13 IFLOLS and follows NAVAIR 00-80T-104 as closely as possible  :) Indeed the gauge is not human-controlled and therefore has certain limitations due to the nature of FSX. That's why this gauge requires an ILS to work as designed, as Razgriz mentioned already. No ILS - no lights  ;)

You will see red waveoff lights lit steady when you are out (below or above) of the glideslope limits (total GS vertical coverage is 1.7 degrees, as you may know).
Green cut lights flash when you're approaching to a carrier and are within 0.8..0.75NM from the ramp (so, cut lights don't work on land). This feature was introduced as per Sludge's request to mimic LSO's Call the ball request.  8)

There is also the shore-based Mk.14 IFLOLS I have developed for my FCLP Missions Pack vol.2 and this one doesn't need an ILS to work properly. However all my FCLP sceneries have ILS set in sync the Mk.14 IFLOLS, so you can drill field practice using both IFLOLS gauges.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 06:13:05 am »
LVFlyer...

There are no red waveoff lights for an OFF LINE approach using the IFLOLS gauge that Serge built.  Thats part of the Long Range Laser Lineup system that is so far NOT INCORPORATED into the IFLOLS either.

Later
Sludge