Author Topic: Problems with installing the scenery  (Read 5114 times)

Miggi

Problems with installing the scenery
« on: February 29, 2008, 06:06:16 pm »
Hello
I`ve installed the scenery. After havin started the fsx I could see the Docks, but no buildings. I know this is usual. But after having waited about ten minutes I still couldn`t buy the whole scenery, because in the addon menu in fsx there were only other addons like ivao... I couldn`t see the fsdt addon.
What shall I do now, if I want to buy the whole scenery?

Greez Miggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with installing the scenery
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 07:45:36 pm »
I`ve installed the scenery. After havin started the fsx I could see the Docks, but no buildings. I know this is usual.

No, it isn't usual at all. The scenery will disappear *after* a few minutes, not the opposite (appearing after few minutes)

because in the addon menu in fsx there were only other addons like ivao... I couldn`t see the fsdt addon.

There's no way to use the scenery if something in your system prevents Addon Manager to run (so you don't see it in the Addons menu), let alone buy it.

The IVAO think looks suspicious. We know of problems because of bugged FSCopilot.dll that blocks executions of addons that are loaded after it. Usually this is solved by loading other addon first (changing the order of addons in DLL.XML file), and this is done automatically by our installer.

Try to uninstalling Zurich, then installing again, in order to give the installer a chance to properly rearrange the order of modules (this is a problem only with FSCopilot, as far as we know).

Another issue might be that the Simconnect version we need (at least SP1) is corrupted or not installed. It's not easy to fix this, if you have FSX deluxe version, you can try installing the SDK (found on disk 1), then *updating* the sdk from Fsinsder.com site with SP1a version. If you have FSX standard version, reinstalling FSX might be needed.

Miggi

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 08:00:40 pm »
Ok, actually I have fsx deluxe edition. You said something about a disk.
Is it possible to buy the whole scenery from a CD? If yes, where can I buy it?

I allready have deinstalled and reinstalled the scenery, but it was exactly the same ( scenery was there, docks but no buildings). Could you please explain me in steps what I have to do.

I`ll be away for a week now. I`ll write in here again when I`m back.

Greez Miggi

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 08:23:57 pm by Miggi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:00:40 pm »
Ok, actually I have fsx deluxe edition. You said something about a disk.

Yes, FSX Disk 1 contains the SDK, if you reinstall that, it might fix your issue.

Is it possible to buy the whole scenery from a CD? If yes, where can I buy it?

You are missing the point. The Addon Manager is not needed just to Buy the scenery, it will not work without it. So, regardless how you buy, first you need to make it running, otherwise there would be no chance it will ever run on your system

I`ll be away for a week now. I`ll write in here again when I`m back.

We are always here to help.