Author Topic: FSX Booster incompatible with bgl.manx stuff  (Read 2918 times)

croftspardon

FSX Booster incompatible with bgl.manx stuff
« on: November 26, 2010, 10:21:58 pm »
Have just bought the above programme, which makes a significant difference to FSX operation, but causes all FSDT products to fail with the bgl manx dynamic link message (that I have seen all too often in my life).

I need to use all these lovely sceneries I have bought, need to use fsx booster to make fsx work nicely. Can this be sorted out?

Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Booster incompatible with bgl.manx stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:59:51 pm »
Sorry, no, there's no way that we'll ever support such product.

That program doesn't do anything, other than simply applying very well known tweaks to the FSX.CFG, which you not only could have applied yourself, but you could even manage using the Addon Manager interface.

If you have a look of the discussion about it on Avsim, you'll see the general consensus is that it doesn't do anything that you couldn't have done yourself:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/295459-fsx-boost/

I don't have any idea why the program wouldn't work with our products, perhaps it's some trickery they made to protect the FSX.CFG changes, so one user couldn't share its settings with others, but if you followed the Avsim discussion, you'll see the program was released with plenty of bugs.

I need to use all these lovely sceneries I have bought, need to use fsx booster to make fsx work nicely

No, you don't. Our sceneries works absolutely fine without using this product, which is how all users use them. If you have seen a benefit, it's because your settings were wrong from the start, if you use the FSX settings correctly, and the Addon Manager interface to handle settings that are not manageable from FSX, you'll get exactly the same results.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:08:55 pm by virtuali »