Author Topic: IMPORTANT QUESTION: Ultimate Traffic or Mytraffic X  (Read 5956 times)

Boeing787

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Ultimate Traffic or Mytraffic X
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:03:10 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm looking into purchasing a standalone AI traffic product and I would really appreciate some advice about what would be best for me to get. I've narrowed it down to two products, Ultimate Traffic 2 and Mytraffic x V5.3 Prof.  I installed the Ultimate Traffic 2 demo and was pleased with the product, the AI models looked awesome and my system ran ok to my standards.  With my settings set to the same standard as the FTX Blue demo recommended my performance could be broken down like this, keeping in mind that these are conservative average FPS figures: I averaged 20-22 FPS looking at the AI traffic parked at the gate, around 25 FPS not looking at any AI traffic, and around 18 FPS looking at a combination of moving and parked AI.  I was at the default Fort Lauderdale (KFLL) airport with the default FSX 737 in use when I took these figures. Now, I like everything about UT2 so far (the real schedules and the plane models) but it's really going to come down to performance with the fsdreamteam and Orbx FTX sceneries. Will MyTraffic X V5.3 Prof. perform better? I've seen the pictures of this scenery, and I have to say the AI models are not nearly as nice looking as UT2, so will this mean better performance? Also, I read with Mytraffic  that you can tweak the setting to help performance (such as reducing the AI plane animations, etc.) So, will this in total mean I can get significantly better performance with Mytraffic V5.3 vs. UT2? Now, if the performance difference would be only negligible then I might as well go with UT2, but if its significant then I might have to consider Mytraffic. What are your guy's expert opinion? Please help :)

p.s. my system specs are: Windows 7 64 bit, Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 Ghz, 6.00 GB RAM (DDR2 I think ?), and a 1 GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M CUDA....this is on an Asus gaming laptop G72GX

Thanks,
Joel
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

skimmer

Re: IMPORTANT QUESTION: Ultimate Traffic or Mytraffic X
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:47:52 pm »
As for myself the best choise was UT2. I tried WOAI for a while but it was never really up to date with current flights and required constant dwnloads to populate. Therefore I suggest UT2 as they park and fly where they should and all FSDT airports are well covered. Never tried My traffic.

theshack440

Re: IMPORTANT QUESTION: Ultimate Traffic or Mytraffic X
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:08:48 pm »
I used to have MyTrafficX and it didn't run very well and the models of the planes weren't very good so, like skimmer, I went to WorldofAi. That was good for a while but when I learned about UT2 and that they have fsx native models, I bought that. It has proved to be really great. I'd go with UT2 for sure
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations