Author Topic: Problem with install  (Read 2521 times)

MrSpeaker

Problem with install
« on: August 16, 2010, 03:16:25 pm »
Reinstalling KORD,JFK,FLL,LAS,HNL on my new W7 OS I get an error saying Error on line0,postion 0 the system cannot locate the object specified and that the exe.xml file has not been modified by this installer, I have UAC turned off, never noticed this problem before.

edit

Then it says after that my exe.xml was already corrupted and if I want to build a new one. I just installed fsx, how can it be corrupted already. Is this something that  should be worried about?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:19:37 pm by MrSpeaker »
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with install
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:31:45 pm »
Then it says after that my exe.xml was already corrupted and if I want to build a new one. I just installed fsx, how can it be corrupted already. Is this something that  should be worried about?

It's not a problem because, if you just installed FSX, there's no EXE.XML file by default so, the installer will create a new one from scratch. I agree the warning could be more precise, and stating two different things, in case the XML file is corrupted, or there's no XML file at all.