Author Topic: Elevation issues with vehicles  (Read 325 times)

adamjpestridge@gmail.com

Elevation issues with vehicles
« on: October 09, 2024, 07:39:51 am »
Hello Umberto.

Ive got a good one for you here.
PAKT from Orbx. Its a sloped airport that isnt made sloped. The way they made it, is that the airport is in two locations. The parking stands, runway and airport stuff like ILS/Tower and other stuff is in the ICAO code within their Pacific Fjords Region and within the 3rd party payware airport are the runways starting positions. Now in order to load in at a parking stand from the P3D menu, its designated as a runway start position within the ICAO of the 3rd party. Then once in, GSX will read the BGL or the ini file and I can move to the other stands for parking. When I call for services, the fuel truck, catering trucks, baggage loader trucks and buses seem to be floating about 50ft in the air above the aircraft, whereas the driver for the fuel truck, the cargo trollies, the SODE gates and a couple of other things from GSX load on the ground.

My question is, where does the fuel truck and catering trucks read their elevation from?
Also, is it possible to have the vehicles come from a shorter distance away?

Thanks for your help and your awesome work.

adamjpestridge@gmail.com

Re: Elevation issues with vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2024, 09:53:25 am »
Okay, after some testing. It seems GSX reads from the airport BGL for its elevation. Sadly, because Orbx were lazy when creating this airport, which has slopes, they put all the essential airport elements into the region for Pacific Fjords BGL of this airport that GSX will need to read from, with an elevation that is higher than the BGL that GSX reads from.
In the airport BGL for PAKT it just has 4 runway start positions and a different elevation height to confuse things even more. This was done to create a fake sloped airport, when they should have actually created it right.

Im working on fixing this so GSX reads the right file with the correct elevations. Its just that some Objects for this airport appear in the region and others appear in the airport folder with two different elevations, so its a little tricky. Basically, this airport needs to be built from the ground up with a correct sloped airport. The runways are not sloped, just the airport.

adamjpestridge@gmail.com

Re: Elevation issues with vehicles
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2024, 10:13:46 am »

so this is the issue with GSX currently. Thats to say there is no issue, its all in the airport.
 The vehicles are above the ground and the driver is on the ground. The baggage loaders are on the ground, yet the catering are above the ground. Passenger bus is in the air, yet the people load on the ground and board the plane as normal. It seems to be JUST the vehicles in the air and the people on the ground, except the baggage loaders that spawn on the ground. It seems GSX vehicles may be reading from another elevation source than the people are.

Its a mix mash. I placed the elevation in the airport config for GSX of 15.240000

The elevation for the 3rd party addon is set to 133.202 in the BGL.
The elevation for the ICAO of the airport in the region pack is set to 50.000 in the BGL.

If GSX reads from the actual airport of the BGL, then no services will come because that doesnt contain anything GSX needs to work.
You have to get it to read from the BGL within the region pack as thats where all the details are.

I have tried swapping around the two BGLs but then everything is not layered correctly in the airport, things in the air. I will try again, but I fear I might have to redo this airport completely for GSX to work correctly.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 10:18:49 am by adamjpestridge@gmail.com »