Author Topic: blue anges pilot textures  (Read 6774 times)

stizzle

blue anges pilot textures
« on: June 23, 2010, 07:48:55 am »
has anyone thought about making a better pilot for the fsx blue angels i would like to see a more detailed pilot more like what they rally look like just wondering

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: blue anges pilot textures
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:22:30 pm »
Stizzle...

I dont have a Blue Angels pilot but I have a VMFA-314 (Black Knights) pilot with full navy/marine corps wings and flight suit.  If you didnt notice, the default texture pilot has airforce ACC (Air Combat Command) patch, along with airforce nametag and LEAD wings.  Wrong.

If you want, when I get home from work, Ill send you my pilot texture.

Later
Sludge

stizzle

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:50:48 am »
i was wondering if anyone can make a better looking more detaled pilot as far as what the blue angels look like. the one we have is not so good. more like what the fsx thunderbirds have

Razgriz

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 05:16:41 pm »
Are you talking about this download?

stizzle

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 07:21:39 am »
yes that the one im talking about i wanted to know if someone could make a better looking blue angel as far as taking the oxygen mask off and  making it look like a actual blue angel pilot

Razgriz

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 07:59:40 am »
That would require modelling changes, not just texture changes. 

stizzle

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 11:44:32 am »
OK would it be possible we would prob have to talk to Microsoft right

Razgriz

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 12:39:13 pm »
They gave us permission to edit the model in this thread, but I'm not sure what happened to that (it talks about editing the model for HUD changes).  They wouldn't do it, one of us who could model would have to.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »
Raz...

Yes, from the permissions I got, we can remodel ANYTHING in the Hornet we want.  I was just using that for the HUD collimation project, because that too will require interior re-modelling.  But Im stuck right now.

Hope that clears things up.

Later
Sludge

Razgriz

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »
Raz...

Yes, from the permissions I got, we can remodel ANYTHING in the Hornet we want.  I was just using that for the HUD collimation project, because that too will require interior re-modelling.  But Im stuck right now.

Hope that clears things up.

Later
Sludge

Yeah, I understood that part.  I say we make a vrs-beatin' airplane with true A/G radar.  Now....who will do it? XD

crim3

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 01:47:24 pm »
I was just using that for the HUD collimation project, because that too will require interior re-modelling.  But Im stuck right now.
Really! A collimated HUD for the F-18 would be a dream for me. For some reason I just love to fly the Acceleration F-18 (with your modifications and HUD), but I'm sick of seeing double when I look through the HUD (I'm using stereoscopic drivers, more than 3 years now, I can't go back to 2D).

Why are you stuck? Please, do you have anything usable?