Author Topic: GSX pro is outdatet  (Read 1370 times)

luki117

GSX pro is outdatet
« on: August 14, 2024, 06:33:58 pm »
Today in the morning i updatet GSX Pro to 3.1.1
Now i wanted to start a flight-do everything as ever. But when i'm sitting in the cockpit (after waiting and waiting for MSFS to start, because GSX makes it realy slow) i see: GSX Pro is outdatet. And i cant do nothing in the GSX menu.
So i have to close MSFS  - Update GSX - Start MSFS - Wait - Wait - Wait - Start a flight - "Oh i´m to late for my flightplan" - update my flightplan - generate fightplan - and i`m ready to go....

Hey WTF.... It should be no problem to fly with a version that is not complete up to date. To close and restart the whole sim is a NoGo.

Anders Bermann

Re: GSX pro is outdatet
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2024, 09:02:18 pm »
I'm sorry, but do you have an actual problem or did you just come in there to rant?
Best regards, Anders

luki117

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 11:09:01 am »
I'm sorry, but do you have an actual problem or did you just come in there to rant?

??? I described my problem... I see this as a problem if sim start needs double of time only because GSX isn`t fully up to date! This happend never before and isn't necessary

CS-TMT

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2024, 05:32:24 am »
Just ignore it and update it after the flight you want to do. Simple as that.

Rob Jones

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2024, 11:25:35 am »
Run the FSDT Installer every time before loading the sim. Takes  ~ 20 seconds. There are frequent updates :)

luki117

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2024, 12:38:24 pm »
Just ignore it and update it after the flight you want to do. Simple as that.

As i wrote: That is not possible, because you cant use GSX longer without update. If you click something in menu, nothing happen.

LeRenard

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2024, 12:07:44 am »
If i remeber i did a long time ago : you don't have to close the sim. Stop couatl and update GSX, relaunch couatl ... and fly !

dougjuk

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2024, 12:22:33 pm »
Actually I agree it is annoying when you are loaded and ready to go GSX is effectively disabled because an update is needed.  And you cannot update while MS2020 is running I tried all ways.

I often check but did not this morning.

It will now have to wait until later once the flight is over.

psolk

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2024, 06:14:26 pm »
So I am still on 3.0.9 and while I get the yellow ribbon on the bottom indicating my version is outdated GSX is still "functional."  Are you saying with 3.1.1 if you start MSFS and your GSX is outdate it will not work until you exit MSFS, update GSX then restart?  Which for me would also involve a reboot just because I am superstitious and sill like that LOL.  If so then I guess I will hold off updating because that whole process of start MSFS and all my add-ons, shut down MSFS, update GSX, restart MSFS is probably 20 minutes LOL...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2024, 03:27:12 pm »
I really don't know what's the point of this entire thread. Is not that, if GSX is slightly outdated, it "won't work" or you are prevented to use it. It will work EXACTLY as it was before, JUST with the extra notification that is outdated, that's it.

It seems somebody is confusing the alert from the INSTALLER which says you can't use it to update GSX while the sim is running, with the actual usage in the simulator of the previous version. No issues whatsoever, you can use GSX as outdated as you like, nobody is forcing you to update to USE GSX. You are only forced to QUIT the sim to DO an update!

And yes, it is required, and the FSDT update always refused to start when the sim was running, the only "problem" was it only checked this in FSX or P3D, it was missing it for MSFS, but it was a mistake, it should have.

The general rule, that doesn't have *anything* to do with GSX, so it's valid for every add-on, is that ANY change to any file in the Community folder MUST be done with the simulator closed. Even if lot of GSX is outside the Community folder (so it *could* be updated on the fly), lots of files ARE in fact in the Community folder and, with the addition of Seated Passengers where we need to modify also files in other add-on, it's all the more important the Updater would prevent you from running with the simulator open.

But again, this doesn't have anything to do with your ability to USE GSX if is outdated. You surely can use it, you just can't *perform* the update while the simulator is running, that's it.

psolk

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2024, 05:36:55 pm »
Thanks for clarifying, seemed strange you would force people to exit the sim to update GSX or that it wouldn't work unless you were on the latest version so glad to hear that is not the case.

dougjuk

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2024, 12:54:05 pm »
Actually I do not agree, my functionality with the Fenix would not work no matter what I did until I updated.

I have never had this issue before it always worked fine before updating then later I caught up with the update with no issues.

But I definitely had GSX not working for me.