Author Topic: Feature request: ULD types to suit BAe146  (Read 897 times)

cdsolo

Feature request: ULD types to suit BAe146
« on: April 22, 2023, 11:32:14 am »
Hi, I love GSX Pro, especially for flying the BAe146 from Just Flight, and have tweaked the relevant settings for this aircraft so everything works great now. However, instead of having to use the various pallets for the cargo versions of the 146, I would love to see a model or two of the actual ULDs that fit this aircraft type, if possible. I'm attaching a picture with their codes and dimensions. I reckon that the ABY would be nicest. Thanks for any consideration!

Electr0

Re: Feature request: ULD types to suit BAe146
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2024, 06:46:27 pm »
Sorry to necro this old thread, but I think I may have found a workable solution to this topic...

I think I may have found a workable solution to include the correct cargo models in GSX for the JustFlight BAe-146 cargo varients.

The cargo containers for BAe 146-200QT, and also -200QC, and -300QC, are acutally modeled as seperate entities within the plane.
I have attached two screenshots showing this.

Perhaps these 3D models could be extracted out of the model library of the plane, and be saved as standalone cargo models. Or pehaps even better, a developer (@virtuali) could reach out to JustFlight and ask for the models directly.
They could then be added to the current cargo model library of GSX and given an appropriate ULD.

Based on the cargo capacity of the 146-200 in this image: https://www.aircharterservice.de/informationen-zu-flugzeugen/cargoflugzeugen/britishaerospace-uk/bae146-200f

And comparing that to possible cargo dimentions on this website: https://vrr.aero/the-products/general-cargo-containers/
It seems that a ULD of type ABZ would me most appropriate, given it's dimensions: External dimensions (L x W x H) 2,743 x 2,235 x 1,656 mm.

Once completed, this new ULD could then be selected as the approprite cargo model to load under the Customize Aircraft options page, within the sim/GSX.

I know that this is a very specifc issue, for a very specific plane, but given the fact that JustFlight has gone to the effort to include native passenger/cargo handling with GSX for this plane, it would great to have this as icing on the cake - so to say.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 06:50:40 pm by Electr0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Feature request: ULD types to suit BAe146
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 05:00:12 pm »
We'll keep this in mind for a future update.