Author Topic: fsdream scenery and windows7\64  (Read 5663 times)

tito1

fsdream scenery and windows7\64
« on: June 30, 2010, 03:23:20 am »
hello guys:
               i bought windows 7 \64 install both fs9 & fsx i download both manager all my 4 scenery went well for fsx but am having difficulty with fs9. the fsdream team folder is on the fs9, but when i click on add scenery i wont install it show like it has but when i reboo and open fs9 on kjfk there is nothing. yes i have register all my scenery, like i said before fsx is perfect. do i have to download something to make it work. need help am new to windows 7.and yes i have all my windows updates. i have look thru the website but can't find any thing.

thank you
                                                                                                                                                 tito

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: fsdream scenery and windows7\64
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:31:23 am »
Sorry, I don't fully understand your messsage.

But, if you say: "the fsdream team folder is on the fs9, but when i click on add scenery", there's already something wrong: you don't have to add the scenery manually to the Scenery Library, it will be done automatically by the scenery installer.

If it hasn't, please be absolutely sure you are using the CURRENT version of the scenery installers. If you are not sure, download them again.

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 10:52:46 am »
Virtuali,

Are all the FSDT products (installers, tool(s) & scenery packages) Windows 7 (64-bit) supported?
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:01:17 am »
Are all the FSDT products (installers, tool(s) & scenery packages) Windows 7 (64-bit) supported?

I don't have any reasons to believe otherwise. I'm using two different machines to test, one with Vista 64, the other with Windows 7 64, both are running everything just fine, and I guess that if they had any problems, we would get lots of reports here...

The user asked for FS9, and under FS9 we had an issue with older version of the installers that didn't worked correctly under Vista/Windows7, but this has been fixed a while ago, that's why I've asked to be sure he's using the current installers. FSX never had any issues to begin with.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 11:09:55 am »
Virtuali,

I see; thanks for the info.  I asked because I've been evaluating a new system, which I hope to run Windows 7 (64-bit) on; but, I have not tested Windows 7 on any of my machines yet.  Also, many of my other payware installers (for other developers) are either not yet compatible or supported by the deverloper.  Your ahead of the game; Bravo! ;)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 09:50:40 pm »
ALL FSDT airports works FINE with win7 64 bit, I can confirm  ;) Just remember to installed it as Administrator. 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

tito1

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 11:27:06 pm »
ok guys let me explain, on windows 7 there is 2 program folder one that is just program and their is another program folder that say program (x86).both off my flight sim where in folder num #2. they both on my C drive . the one on fodler # 2 is good for fsx work very well and was recognize by the the addon manager X. so i was at work thinking about my problem it came to me way dont i just transfer fs9 to program # 1 , so i did then i made a trial with another scenery i have install it reboot my pc and  it work. so then i when on to try the addon manager for fs9 and it also work,then i install all 4 scenery from fsdream  with out a problem. i hope that so one else who have this problem in the future read this make sure that each fs go in the correct program. hope  you fellow understood what i just when through. thank you . sorry for my espelling
                                                                                                               tito

SirIsaac726

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 11:59:27 pm »
It is really difficult to comprehend what you are saying but use the x86 folder.

Is English not your first language?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 01:07:54 am »
Yes, I haven't understood much of what you said.

However, under any 64 bit OS, there's a C:\Program Files folder and a C:\Program Files (x86) folder. 32 bit apps will install by default under the x86 folder, and this obviously includes FS9, FSX and all their addons.

You just can't "transfer" things by copying folders, you always need to use the proper installers and uninstaller. If you do this, everything will work. If you move things manually, disaster will happen, because lots of references are stored in the registry, and it will be a whole mess.

I can only repeat and confirm, all our products work with Vista 64 AND Windows 7 64, provided you use the proper installers, current versions, and you haven't messed up your install by moving stuff around.

And no, there's no need to remember to run our installer as Adminstrator, because they'll are all flagged to request admin rights in any case (they all have the yellow/blue shield icon to indicate this) so, you just run the installers, and they'll work.

And no, there's no need to guess which folder FS9 or FSX is installed to, because our installers are automatically able to figure it out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:09:26 am by virtuali »

tito1

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 02:56:23 am »
i don't know but in my case the manager wasn't finding fs9 until now that i move it to the 1 program then they all work who ever thank you .