Author Topic: GSX integration with Simbrief using P3Dv5.3 - fueling?  (Read 383 times)

Supera380

GSX integration with Simbrief using P3Dv5.3 - fueling?
« on: July 29, 2024, 07:24:59 pm »
Hi,

I am looking for some help as to how Simbrief can supply GSX with the planned block fuel from the OFP.

So far I have the Simbrief username defined in my GSX profile and I can see the passenger number being transferred from the Simbrief OFP to GSX and boarding in GSX works according to the number of passengers.
In this case the PMDG B777-300ER.

However I do not see any actions for fuelling the aircraft based on the Block Fuel calculated by Simbrief. There is no fuel information in the Couatl.log file.
What needs to be configured (options?) in GSX in order to transfer the fuel amount to GSX when fuelling is initiated in GSX?
Will this Block Fuel be used as the Plan Fuel or does this still have to be entered manually in the PMDG fuel page of the FMC?

Attached is the Couatl.log file.

Also by following the MSFS manual I included a line in the gsx.cfg for setting the ICAO aircraft type, but the .log indicates this parameter/key is invalid.

So what should be in the gsx.cfg for a P3D aircraft ?

icaotype = B77W

OR

icao_type_designator = B77W

Thanks
Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX integration with Simbrief using P3Dv5.3 - fueling?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 12:15:02 am »
icaotype = B77W is correct, and you don't have to wonder or edit the GSX.CFG directly, because you can just set it in the airplane config page UI.

You are expecting a Fuel automation, which is just done done in P3D, that's for MSFS only, the only thing Simbrief will give you is the number of passengers, wagons and VGDS indications.