Author Topic: Double Coault Updater.exe in the GSX folder  (Read 444 times)

fabristunt

Double Coault Updater.exe in the GSX folder
« on: July 29, 2024, 03:09:56 pm »
I just noticed I have 2 Coault Updaters:

The most modern one should be the correct one, but the Desktop Shortcuts for both the Live Updater and the FSDT Installer point to the old one.
I tried swapping them over, hopefully this fixes the issues I have with the BBJ Passenger integration.

Nevermind, Pax still disappear after walking in the BBJ. Moreover, now the bus arrives empty and passengers spawn into it later.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 03:18:02 pm by fabristunt »

fabristunt

Re: Double Coault Updater.exe in the GSX folder
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 06:27:23 pm »
Since it didn't make a difference, I put it back the way it was. I have seen the Updater2 referenced on the forum, so I suppose it somehow makes sense. I does look a lot like leftover thrash from FSX/P3D, but I was sure I wiped it all away.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 09:40:28 pm »
Couatl_Updater checks to make sure that Couatl_Updater2 is up to date. Once that's done, then the update itself continues.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2024, 11:02:24 pm »
Since it didn't make a difference, I put it back the way it was. I have seen the Updater2 referenced on the forum, so I suppose it somehow makes sense. I does look a lot like leftover thrash from FSX/P3D, but I was sure I wiped it all away.

All wrong.

It's not a duplicate, it's not an error and the reason why the "old" one is not updated very often, it's because it's doing a very simple job of JUST checking if there's an updater Couatl_Updater2.exe and if there is one, it will download it and start it.

This way, you'll always get the latest updater without an annoying double launch, a first startup to check if there's an updated updater, then a quit (because the updater couldn't possibly overwrite itself while it was running), then a restart, which is what would happen if the updater was made like a single app.

And the shortcut points to the correct one (Couatl_Updater.exe, of course), so you won't have to wonder which one is the correct one, that is without assuming there must be something wrong.

There are reference to starting the Couatl_updater2 in the forum, but ONLY to start it in diagnostic mode, not because you are supposed to do that normally.

fabristunt

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2024, 01:08:40 pm »
Thanks, that's clear now.