Author Topic: Seated passengers textures  (Read 2550 times)

AndyCYXU

Re: Seated passengers textures
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2024, 06:08:05 am »
you need to make sure that the livery in the community folder follows the fenix standards. Named as follows fnx-aircraft-320-xxxx. If you have a livery folder named like FNX_320_IAE_VLGMVN as I had gsx does not recognise it as a livery. I changed the folders name to fnx-aircraft-320-VLGMVN and voila.
If you do not see the created by gsx file inside the model folder it just means that gsx has created nothing. But it will work anyways.
If you do not have a model folder GSX will write an entry in the aircraft.cfg and create that model folder.
So 1 : make sure to have the airline icao entry in the aircraft.cfg
and 2. that the folder name in the community folder follows the fenix standards

I just think that this is something that the developers should explain clearly. It took me 2 hours to figure out the GSX logic on this.

Thanks for that it seems to work well for the most part..

I use addon-linker and renamed all my livery folders to fnx-aircraft-320-xxxx run the installer check uncheck seated plane and out of 19 liveries i have 15 worked great and I saw GSX created model.XXX and some files in there.. all the liveries had to be activated of course so that there are links in community folder.

so 4 did not work not sure why tried finding what was special about these 4.. idk just these did not work

thanks for the tip !  :)

20NailsPilot

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2024, 01:47:31 am »
you need to make sure that the livery in the community folder follows the fenix standards. Named as follows fnx-aircraft-320-xxxx. If you have a livery folder named like FNX_320_IAE_VLGMVN as I had gsx does not recognise it as a livery. I changed the folders name to fnx-aircraft-320-VLGMVN and voila.
If you do not see the created by gsx file inside the model folder it just means that gsx has created nothing. But it will work anyways.
If you do not have a model folder GSX will write an entry in the aircraft.cfg and create that model folder.
So 1 : make sure to have the airline icao entry in the aircraft.cfg
and 2. that the folder name in the community folder follows the fenix standards

I just think that this is something that the developers should explain clearly. It took me 2 hours to figure out the GSX logic on this.
I'm just about to give up... Have a 3d party livery. As it's a 3d party livery, is installed directly into the comunity folder (no addon linker). Just renamed the folder to fnx-aircraft-320-IAEFENIX (Fenix is the VA name). Also checked the aircraft.cfg contains the icao_airline line as shown below:
[VERSION]
major = 1
minor = 0

[VARIATION]
base_container = "..\FNX_320_IAE"

[FLTSIM.0]
title = "FNX_320_IAE_FENIX_2024"
texture = "FENIX"
model = ""
ui_variation = "FENIX"
atc_id = "EC-FNX"
atc_airline = "FENIX"
icao_airline = "FNX"

fnx_selcal_code = FNX
fnx_wifi_antenna_type = 0

// rest of the file omitted for lengh reasons //
Just went to GSX - Options and unchecked and checked the Seated Passengers option, but the model folder is not being created.

Is there anything I'm missing??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2024, 02:48:04 pm »
// rest of the file omitted for lengh reasons //

And that's what you should never do, because the aircraft.cfg might have a problem in other parts you don't think are important, that's why you should never post a file copied in a post but, instead, using the forum ATTACH function to add the actual file, so I could look at the whole file, unchanged.

eu204

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2024, 08:58:23 pm »
Hi all. I discovered another problem. When you turn on the passenger checkbox on the Phoenix 320, all visual effects disappear (warm air from the engines, APU and contrail). Only a complete reinstallation of Phoenix will help. Then, as soon as you check the box, the effects disappear again. Has anyone encountered such a problem? Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 08:59:56 pm by eu204 »

Art69

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2024, 06:10:37 am »
Hi all. I discovered another problem. When you turn on the passenger checkbox on the Phoenix 320, all visual effects disappear (warm air from the engines, APU and contrail). Only a complete reinstallation of Phoenix will help. Then, as soon as you check the box, the effects disappear again. Has anyone encountered such a problem? Thanks in advance

Sorry... what aircraft is Phoenix 320?  ::)  Never heard of it.