Author Topic: LICJ -Default Asobo Handcrafted Airport - Bridge Issue for Passengers  (Read 327 times)

XCLTM3

Hi Umberto,

I just wanted to ask you if there are any issues with regards to Asobo Handcrafted default airports and how GSX can/can't manipulate Passenger paths.

For example, I am trying to get the Passengers at LICJ to walk from the internal Gate area of the terminal building, then into the Bridge and then onto the Jetway (and naturally, the reverse).

However, the Passenger position/marker (Gate) I'm placing inside the Terminal building isn't being recognized as usual as the Passengers end up way too high above the bridge or way too low beneath it, irrespective of where I place the gate marker.

I suspect that the airport (LICJ) itself is causing this issue as I have been editing Passenger waypoints at other airports with little to no issues.

For a default handcrafted airport, LICJ imo is really a nice piece of scenery whoever created it.

On another note, what are your thoughts on how to work around height/width issues for Jetways where Passengers are bleeding through any of the walls/floors/ceilings?

Again, many thanks for your assistance/expertise.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 02:38:56 am by XCLTM3 »
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LICJ -Default Asobo Handcrafted Airport - Bridge Issue for Passengers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 08:02:05 pm »
However, the Passenger position/marker (Gate) I'm placing inside the Terminal building isn't being recognized as usual as the Passengers end up way too high above the bridge or way too low beneath it, irrespective of where I place the gate marker.

That's likely the object crashboxes, that modify the "ground" there.

On another note, what are your thoughts on how to work around height/width issues for Jetways where Passengers are bleeding through any of the walls/floors/ceilings?

They surely don't, provided:

- the jetway root floor height is set correctly in the airport profile

- the jetway has been modeled correctly. We found a jetway in a 3rd party scenery that has a ceiling at 1.5 mt, which is clearly unrealistic, and nothing we can do about it.

XCLTM3

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 11:22:15 pm »
Thanks for the previous reply Umberto.

I forgot also to ask you, what about Jetways that are slanting at varying angles to the ground?

How does GSX process this to ensure that Passengers aren't bleeding through the ceiling/floor when walking on a slant?

We'll take into consideration that the Jetways have large/appropriate enough dimensions for Passengers.

Many thanks again!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 11:20:23 am »
I'm not sure what do you mean by "slant". If you mean the jetway will have different pitch when docked to different airplane types because of the different door's height, it's nothing that concerns you as a designed or GSX, because the first waypoints will be supplied by Simconnect, you only need to set the last one, which is the height at the root

Check the explanation at Page 77 of the manual, the screenshot is quite clear: if you are setting a GSX custom profile, the only thing missing is the last waypoint 3, the other will arrive from the Simconnect Navdata API, and will be different for each airplane so, as long the jetway behaves correctly, and you set the last waypoint height, you shouldn't have passengers with their heads sticking out (unless the jetway ceiling is unrealistically low).

That's for the MOVABLE part of the jetway.

If you want to see passengers continue walking in the STATIC part of the Jetway (be it a standard "JetwayLink" object or even a static mesh), you can create custom Pax waypoints in the GSX Profile.

When there's a jetway, custom Pax waypoints control paths AFTER passengers reached the Jetway root, because they would normally disappear if there were no custom waypoints. This is different than apron parking spots, where pax waypoints controls the whole path when passengers are not on the Stairs.

Pax waypoints can have an height as well so, if you have slanted STATIC mesh representing bridges after the Jetway root, you can have passengers walking through them, in 3D.

XCLTM3

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 12:06:19 pm »
Many thanks Umberto