Author Topic: Please unlock passengers path points limitation  (Read 424 times)

Aumkem

Please unlock passengers path points limitation
« on: February 22, 2024, 01:10:40 pm »
Hi team,
Can you please do something about the limitation of passengers path points.
You have limited it to 10 points.

It is a little bit to short to do something great.
When you have a pedestrian crossing , and maybe on or 2 floors to go to the exit it is almost impossible to do with 10 points.
YOur feature is amazing but with 20 points we could do almost everthing we want.

Please update this
Thanks a lot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Please unlock passengers path points limitation
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 10:52:05 pm »
The longer the path, the more Passengers will be created, the more we risk to hit the maximum Simobject limits, which means until the limit will be eventually lifted, we won't add new way to surpass it.

If your need for more waypoints is not to make longer paths, it's not really required and most of the time it's detrimental, to add waypoints too close together, since passengers will need some space to turn.

Aumkem

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 04:31:55 pm »
Hi thanks for the answer first.
Then , i can understand what you say but i am sure MSFS can support it.
As when you do boarding / unboarding you don't fly .

When you know how to do GSX profiles , you know how to deal with the requested space for the turn.
It is more to do nice paths in stairs etc , most of time in my custom profiles i miss 2 or 3 points to doing well.

Too bad you don't want to try it but ok
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 03:28:26 pm »
Then , i can understand what you say but i am sure MSFS can support it. As when you do boarding / unboarding you don't fly .

You don't understand it's not an fps/performance problem:

there's a known hard-coded limit in MSFS that no more of 1000 Simobjects can be present in the simulation at any given time, this limit has probably been inherited from FSX, since with that engine, you would likely have exhausted memory (FSX is a 32 bit app) way before you could create 1000 objects, so whoever decided that limit though it was enough.

MSFS has a much more efficient graphic engine and video cards today are not comparable to what was available when FSX was made and, with careful usage of LODs, it wouldn't be any problem having way more objects, if they are well optimized. However, that limit is still there and, if you reach it, first objects will disappear, then Simconnect will start to break apart, not accepting any new commands, making all add-ons stop working as they should.

That's why, until the limit is lifted, we need to be very careful and trying to comply with it.

Aumkem

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 12:06:52 pm »
Ok , didn't know about the 1000 object limits.
Like i said i underdand that you did it for a great reason ,
Thanks