Author Topic: Couatl Scripting Engine error on 2 out of 3 sim starts  (Read 476 times)

disco79stu

Couatl Scripting Engine error on 2 out of 3 sim starts
« on: February 18, 2024, 03:53:03 pm »
Hi,

I get this error when starting the sim (before the main screen appears) in 2 out of 3 times.
"The addon <no traceback available> is causining the Couatl scripting Engine to restart."

I can then just let it restart and everything is just fine. Just wondering what keeps causing this error...

Last part of the log says:

Model cache loaded
Preload operators thumbnails...
Preload operators thumbnails DONE
GSX SimStart
GSX SimStop
GSX SimStart
RuntimeError: the main tasklet is receiving without a sender available.
{}

Any ideas/hints?
Thanks

JetMech383

Re: Couatl Scripting Engine error on 2 out of 3 sim starts
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 03:45:18 pm »
Good morning!

I am receiving the same error message.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 10:56:32 pm »
We got a couple of similar reports about this error, but were never able to replicate it. I think it's caused by the simulator being particularly slow to start or the PC too taxed by too high settings, that when GSX connects, the sim is not yet ready to really accept commands.

Those that are affected always reported it's fixed if you just Restart the Couatl engine from its traybar notificatrion icon after you reach the Main Menu.

JetMech383

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 01:13:41 pm »
We got a couple of similar reports about this error, but were never able to replicate it. I think it's caused by the simulator being particularly slow to start or the PC too taxed by too high settings, that when GSX connects, the sim is not yet ready to really accept commands.

Those that are affected always reported it's fixed if you just Restart the Couatl engine from its traybar notificatrion icon after you reach the Main Menu.

Appreciate the response. I haven't messed with my sim settings for a long time now and built, what I think, is a nice system. The past few weeks I have been receiving this error and yes, restarting couatl does seem to work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 08:45:17 pm »
We'll release something that should be able to fix this in the next update, to be released tomorrow.

JetMech383

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 12:47:05 pm »
We'll release something that should be able to fix this in the next update, to be released tomorrow.

Yeah no worries! Thank you for the continued support!