Author Topic: GSX Pro Menu in Game Spins Then Closes  (Read 463 times)

cvandenberg01

GSX Pro Menu in Game Spins Then Closes
« on: April 06, 2024, 12:37:46 am »
Hello,
When I launch GSX from inside the game it spins like it is going to open, then it goes away and never does. I have done the following:
Updated to latest version 2.9.7 via Live Update
Ensured Couatl is running in the system tray, and have restarted it.
This seemed to happen after I started using MSFS AddonsLinker but it appears everything related to GSX is in the Community folder.

I have attached the log that I found in the Appdata folder.

Chad V.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:26:40 am by cvandenberg01 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro Menu in Game Spins Then Closes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 09:41:41 am »
This seemed to happen after I started using MSFS AddonsLinker but it appears everything related to GSX is in the Community folder.

You should never use the Addon Linker to enable/disable GSX, because that is only a generic tool that works only for add-ons like airports or airplanes that are entirely self-contained as a package, GSX Pro is not.

That's why, you should always Unlink/Relink it using its own installer, which does all the extra steps the Addon Linker cannot possibly know, like enabling/disabling the right .exe in the EXE.XML, reconfiguring the jetway exclusions for new sceneries that might have been installed while GSX Pro was disabled, reconfiguring the package layouts when the jetway exclusion changes.

To fix it:

- REMOVE all GSX packages from the Community folder, to be sure their links hasn't been recreated wrongly and they *are* Symbolic Links and not real folders.

- Enter the FSDT Installer, which will now show "Relink", and click RELINK, so it will turn into "Installed" (in green) after a few seconds.

- Run an update CHECK to be sure you have the latest version installed.

cvandenberg01

Re: GSX Pro Menu in Game Spins Then Closes
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 10:24:58 pm »
Thank you for the direction. This fix worked and all seems good now.

Lesson learned with Addon Linker.

Chad