Author Topic: Couatl keeps Loading after updating to 2.7.6  (Read 3748 times)

doublechuck44

Re: Couatl keeps Loading after updating to 2.7.6
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2023, 03:57:44 pm »
After using FSDT Universal Installer to update GSX to version 2.7.6 the menu will not load.  Couatl is showing in the system tray. Normally this is resolved by restarting couatl, however this is no longer the case.  This problem started before updating to MSFS sim update 13.  The problem still exists after updating to su13.  Numerous attempts to restart couatl have done nothing.  Gsx was working fine with 2.7.5, and the only thing that i did was update gsx.  Now it is broken.  I tried unlinking and relinking gsx, and nothing changed.  I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling gsx using the universal installer and the problem is still the same.  Log file attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2023, 06:00:50 pm »
The problem should be fixed in the official 2.7.7 we just released now.

glc100o

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2023, 09:36:26 pm »
Update: Installed  the beta version Add on manager recompiled for SU13 and issue remains unchanged.

The error you posted in your screenshot doesn't have anything to do with this issue, it's caused by having the wrong path for the logfile in the Couatl_MSFS.ini and it's not even an error, it's a warning saying the program will log to its default folder instead of the one you specified, because the one you specified can't be accessed, and can be fixed by removing the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl_MSFS.INI file so a new correct one will be created from scratch.

About the other error on startup, we are working on a fix right now, the Beta Offline installer fixed some things related to SU13, but not this so, it will be fixed by the official 2.7.7 release.

Confirming that deleting the .ini file fixed the warning  message and that with update today GSX starts fine. Thanks for fast fix.

disco79stu

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2023, 09:42:15 am »
I can also confirm, issue is gone with the latest update. Thanks!

I have to correct myself, issue is back unfortunately...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 11:03:22 am by disco79stu »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2023, 12:40:27 pm »
I have to correct myself, issue is back unfortunately...

I can only repeat and confirm the issue is fixed in 2.7.7, but you must run the Live Update of the updated Offline installer, it wasn't fixed in the 2.7.7 Beta.

Sansemiano

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2023, 02:25:26 pm »
Yep, after installing 2.7.7 no more eternal loading screen. Great.